Shop for saleTowlers Newsagents, 68 Market Place, Thirsk, NorthYorkshire, YO7 1LW
- Business for sale
- Average weekly turnover c.£13,000 + Lottery
- 2 large flats above avail. by seperate neg.
- Adjusted net profit £67,719, mostly staff run
- Town centre location, no alcohol sales
- Retirement sale after 14 years
- Freehold option available, 2 flats included. Energy Rating C
Our client is retiring after 12 years running this very profitable business. We feel this offers a new owner an opportunity to work full time and make cost savings. The store has loyal trade from large newspaper deliveries and is a popular, well-known store in the area selling toys and gifts, all with high profit margins. Trade is derived from both local residents and tourists visiting the town. Trade has increased from 2017 to 2018.Location
The business occupies an excellent site in the centre of the busy market town of Thirsk, with car parking immediately to the front. There is a high level of trade from within the town including local residents and tourists.Internal Details
A very pleasant, clean and tidy retail area with suspended ceiling and LED lighting, sales counter with two cash registers, weighed and jarred confectionery, on line Lottery terminal, display of newspapers and magazines, greetings cards, toys and gifts. Chilled drinks, sandwiches, tobacco products and E-cigarettes. Ancillary areas include store room and staff toilet.Tenure
Our client is the freeholder and intends to create a new lease for 15 or 20 years on negotiable terms, at an annual rental of £20,000 for the store, with further rental for the flat if required.
The owner will consider selling the freehold of the whole property together with the business. Please ask for further details.
There is a two bedroom and a three bedroom flat above the store which are potentially available as a separate lease.The Opportunity
This is a genuine retirement sale, our client has run the business for many years and a new owner may wish to work with family full time in the store and make cost savings, potentially introducing new ideas to this already established business.
There are two takeaways and a Wetherspoons pub next to the shop. Scope exists for late opening hours into the evening.
Our clients work in the business part time on four and three days respectively. Most of the hours are covered by staff and newspaper delivery personnel.Trading Information
Turnover to year ended 31 January 2018 was £612,832 excluding VAT, plus £6,435 rental income from the flat, plus commissions from Lottery of £6,933.Trading Hours
The business opens
5.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Saturday
5.30 am to 2.00 pm Sunday
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-72285521.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Thirsk (1.3 mi)
Disclaimer - Property reference 5416819-lh. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Christie & Co , Leeds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.