Retail Property (high street) for saleUpper Olland Street, Bungay, Suffolk, NR35
- Business for sale
- Renowned Business
- Daily Workshops and Classes
- Loyal Customer Base
- High Turnover & Margins
- Genuine Reason for Sale
- Long Established
- Enviable Reputation
- Featured in Sunday Times
- Unique Niche Market
- Viewing Highly Advised
Wow! As you walk into this shop you cannot help but find yourself instinctively saying these words. This little gem of a business is like an Aladdin's Cave for those with a passion for all things quilting and patchwork. With some 6,000 bolts of fabric on display you will simply be amazed by all that is on offer.
Known throughout the country and even further afield having featured in numerous trade magazines as well as the likes of the Sunday Times, the business attracts a very loyal customer base who travel from near and far specifically to come to the shop. Drawn by the huge range of fabric available and knowing that they will find everything they need here the shop is not dependent on passing trade which only adds to its appeal.
In addition, the upstairs workshop runs daily classes which always remain full and with a waiting list for many of them such is their popularity. With various tutors leading these classes already this side of the business can continue as is although it also offers much potential to increase margins should a new owner be able to teach as well. The two sides of the business feed off each other very well and provide a constant stream of customers meaning a constant turnover throughout the year.
For anyone with any interest in quilting or fabric this must be seen as you will be hard pressed to find a better example of this type of business in the country.
THE BUSINESS ITSELFOriginally set up by the owner some 22 years ago to raise funds for an orphanage in Thailand, with a hint to its charitable work in the name of the business, it is finally time for a well earnt retirement and to pass the mantle onto someone new.
Although run out of a love and passion for quilting and a desire to help others the business is still a very profitable operation and constantly turns over well in excess of £200k pa.
In addition to the shop and classes the owner also displays at 2 large national shows as well as several smaller regional ones that they are invited to. Everything needed for displaying including large quilt stands will be included and this is an area that a new owner can further expand upon should they so wish.
As a specialist fabric shop there is no near competition for the business and not even some further away offering the selection of what is on offer here. Providing everything a quilter could want from threads, notions, kits and patterns in addition to the extensive range of fabrics from the likes of Moda, Robert Kaufman and Tilda. They are particularly renowned for being the largest supplier in the UK of Japanese Lecien fabric and have an enviable reputation for matching fabrics.
ACCOMMODATIONALL MEASUREMENTS ARE APPROXIMATE AND FOR GUIDANCE ONLY.
The large window displays either side of the main door provide an insight into the joys that lie within, but it is not until you step inside that you can really start to appreciate just how special this shop is.
In all the ground floor retail space is approximately 840sqft with an office area off to one side and an open store room to the rear part of the shop providing a home for the range of waddings and fleece that is stocked. To finish off downstairs there is a kitchen and WC as well as rear access to the car park area and entrance to upstairs workshop. The upstairs workshop is an open plan room set with workstations and teaching equipment and facilities for the use of our those attending.
A new lease is to be granted with final terms to be agreed with the landlord and the in-going tenant.
Strictly by appointment only, please call our Norwich Office on (01603) 28 08 73 to make an appointment.
Finance available to suitable purchasers
Business to Sell or Let?
Let us know as soon as possible! Just ask for a FREE NO OBLIGATION VALUATION and one of our valuers will carry out a detailed marketing appraisal of your business at a time of your choice.
We take care to present our businesses to a standard like no other. Offering quality property particulars as well as detailed information on Rightmove.co.uk, other portals and our own website, make your business stand out from the crowd - call us today!
Do you feel you are receiving the level of service promised by your agents? If not, we would be happy to carry out a FREE no obligation marketing appraisal of your business.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance. You must verify the dimensions carefully before ordering carpets or any built-in furniture.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
- Brampton (6.0 mi)
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Compare broadband deals
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Brampton (6.0 mi)
To view this property or request more details, contact:
Disclaimer - Property reference WH33735E. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by EM&F Group, East Anglia. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.