Pub for saleThe Red Lion, Main Street, Knapton, York, England, YO26 6QG
- Business for sale
- Popular village pub/restaurant
- 55 cover restaurant and bar area
- Turnover Jan-Dec 2017 of £372,257
- 3 bedroom owner's accommodation
- C. 18 space car park
- C. 3 miles from York city centre. Energy Rating D
A popular detached pub/restaurant with a generous car park located approximately three miles outside of York city centre.
The pub would be suitable for a couple/owner operator's and is currently licensed until midnight.
The Red Lion is situated in the popular village of Knapton, just three miles out of York city centre. Knapton is a traditional village and the business benefits from this busy residential environment, whilst also growing its quality food led reputation as a destination venue.Internal Details
The property comprises a 55 cover open plan bar and restaurant area with a central bar servery, a commercial kitchen, with all necessary appliances included, and a beer cellar.Fixtures & Fittings
All fixtures and fittings are included with the exception to any personal belongings to our client.Tenure Information
The Red Lion holds an EI 15 year lease from January 2007 at a rent of £35,000 per annum on full repairing and insuring term. Wines, beers and spirits are currently tied. There is potential to extend the lease for another 10 years with Enterprise Inns.External Details
There is space for external covers which could be further utilised. The generous car park can accommodate up to c. 18 vehicles.Owner's Accommodation
The first floor includes owner's accommodation comprising of living room, kitchen, three bedrooms and bathroom.The Opportunity
The sale of The Red Lion provides an exciting opportunity for an individual, couple or team operation to acquire a successful, leasehold, pub restaurant premises. Our client has run the business since 2009 on the current 15 year lease. The business offers further potential as a busy wet and food led trading property.Staff
There are currently two full time and 12 part time staff employed on a rota basis.Trading Information
Turnover in 2017 was £372,257
Turnover in 2016 was £338,142
Turnover in 2015 was £343,320
The opening hours currently are:
Tuesday to Saturday 12pm-3pm and 6pm -11pm
Sunday 12 noon to 4.00 pm
The business is closed on Mondays.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-76082138.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Poppleton (1.0 mi)
- York (2.2 mi)
Disclaimer - Property reference 5455360-lh. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Christie & Co , Leeds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.