Shop for saleHewson's Newsagents, Market Place Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 5AW
- Business for sale
- Average T/O c. £12,000 per week + Lottery
- Average Lottery commissions c. £7,500
- Traditional newsagents & confectioners
- Scope to expand product lines & extend hours
- Popular, busy Yorkshire Dales location
- Energy Rating E
A very well established newsagents, book shop, confectioners, tobacconist and greeting cards business, forming the ground floor of a three storey end of terrace property.
We feel the business would suit a family looking for a lifestyle change.
The store is situated in the Market Place of the very popular Yorkshire Dales town of Leyburn, surrounded by a mix of independent and corporate businesses. The store is busy all year round with a mixture of tourists and local residents.Internal Details
The retail area was subject to a refit in 2015. Our clients have invested circa £10,000 on a new computerised till system and further capital expenditure by installing a new CCTV system in 2018.
A range of display stands for stationery, newspapers, magazines, books, maps, postcards and confectionery. National Lottery stand terminal, sales counter with cash register and tobacco gantry behind and ice cream freezer.
Ancillary areas include; staff toilets and first floor store room.
The business is held on a 20 year lease which commenced in 2018 with an initial annual rent of £17,000, subject to reviews.The Opportunity
Our clients run another business in a nearby town and would like to concentrate solely on this other store. This presents an excellent opportunity for a full time owner operator to make cost savings and enjoy this pleasant village lifestyle. Please note that there are no off licence or convenience foods sold from the business and therefore there are further opportunities to develop sales and increase profitability.Staff
Our clients work part time in the store with the help of seven members of staff, of which one is a manager. All the remaining staff are part time.Trading Hours
The business operates:
Monday to Saturday 5.30am to 5.30pm
Sunday 6.00am to 1.00pm
There is scope to extend the opening hours.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-79385822.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Leyburn (0.3 mi)
Disclaimer - Property reference 5416869-lh. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Christie & Co , Leeds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.