Land for saleAnzio Camp, Buxton Road, Blackshaw Moor, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 8TL
- 38.1 acres (15.4 hectares)
- 15.4 hectares (38 acres)
- Full planning permission SMD/2014/0683
- Certificate of lawfulness SMD/2019/0417
- Close to the Peak District National Park
- Extra care accommodation comprising: 2 separate extra-care buildings for a total of 80 residents
Moorland Views comprises the former Anzio Camp army residential training base, first established in the early 1940s and de-commissioned in 2004. The overall site area is 15.4 hectares (38 acres) in total and contains 17 buildings with a combined floor area of some 14,760m² and with hard standing amounting to some 17, 200m². A number of the existing buildings are two/ two and a half storey height.
The buildings include residential accommodation, training facilities, maintenance shed, offices, stores, caretaker's bungalow and other buildings all of which are derelict. The site lies close to the boundary with the Peak District National Park and is approximately 2 miles from the centre of Leek to the southwest. Access to the site is direct from the A53 (Buxton Road), which is subject to a 50mph speed limit, and forms the western boundary to the site. Open farmland and woodland surround the remainder of the site; although to the north/ northeast from the main part of the site some 220 metres distant, there lies the Leek & District Shooting Centre site.
There are no public rights of way crossing any of the farm land immediately surrounding the site. This site is not within a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Green Belt, it does not lie within a Conservation Area, and there are no Listed Buildings on the site or in the vicinity. The site has no designation other than as a Major Regeneration Opportunity site in the adopted Core Strategy.
The planning permission for the redevelopment of this previously developed Brownfield site is to
provide extra care housing, holiday park, live/work units, social building and ancillary facilities building. The whole site is approximately 15 hectares, but the area proposed for redevelopment is roughly the area presently containing the existing buildings and services.
The planning permission comprises: -
* Extra care accommodation comprising: 2no. separate extra-care buildings providing self-contained serviced suites and communal rooms for a total of 80 residents, 42 extra-care cottages (single storey), a social centre building for a social centre/club house, shop, cafe, and the holiday park reception (2 storey), and a site facilities building with workshop and stores (single storey);
* The holiday park comprises 45 units. Within this part of the site, an open space/play area, a wildlife walk, a dog walking area and parking area for the holiday visitors is also permitted;
* Live/work units: Two pairs of semi-detached, two storey buildings;
* The retention of the single storey magazine store building for use as a bat roost/ nursery.
Further details are available on request.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-85636721.html
- Congleton (8.5 mi)
Nearest schoolsUse the school checker
BroadbandShow average broadband speed at this postcode Average broadband speed within this postcode Finding the fastest speed... Compare broadband deals
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Congleton (8.5 mi)
There are no nearby secondary schools found.
Due to the frequency with which Inspection bodies, such as Ofsted, provide us with updates, there could be a delay of up to 8 weeks between a rating being updated and it being displayed on Rightmove. This data is provided for informational purposes only and Rightmove plc does not accept any liability for decisions based on this data. The data is sourced from Experian and contains public sector information licensed under the Open Government Licence v3.0. Experian does not accept responsibility for any inference or conclusion derived from the data by third parties.
Disclaimer - Property reference AnzioCampST13. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Enhanced Developments Limited, West Midlands. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.