Convenience Store for saleToday's Local, 10-12 Allerton Drive, Nether Poppleton, York, YO26 6HN
- Business for sale
- Average weekly T/O £9k plus VAT (GP 28%)
- Post Office: c. £55,000 pa, less due to Covid
- Mostly staff run, ideal for owner operator
- Gross profit YE Dec '20: £183,380
- Low tobacco sales, no paper sales
- Excellent profits. Pleasant village location. Energy Rating D
- Christie & Co Ref: 5416921
A well established convenience store and Post Office selling a wide range of convenience goods and stationery products as well as offering the National Lottery, PayPal and Mains Post Office services.
The Post Office brings footfall and income into the business.
The business is located on a busy shopping parade, with parking to the front and side, within an affluent and sought after residential location in this popular village on the outskirts of York.Internal Details
A well presented store with two gondola aisles, LED lighting, modern flooring, end of aisle promotion displays, alcohol section for chilled wines and beers, wall shelving, Bake and Bite glazed cabinet and stationery display. There is an internal ATM and a counter with cash register and local Post Office position, a tobacco gantry behind and spirits display.Tenure
New 10 year lease from March 2020, break clause option at 2025.External Details
The store is located in a shopping parade with parking spaces available.The Opportunity
Our clients have owned and operated the business for several years and now wish to sell to concentrate on running their other store.Staff
The store is run under management with the assistance of part time and full time staff who work on the Post Office and retail side. Our clients also work in business part time when they can between this and their other business.Trading Information
Average weekly retail sales are £9,000 excluding VAT, plus Post Office income of £54,095 per annum.Trading Hours
The store opens 8am to 8pm 7 days per week.Business Rates
Confirmation of business rates payable should be obtained from the Local Authority.Regulatory
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-for-sale/property-91395641.html
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) graphs
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Poppleton (0.7 mi)
- York (3.0 mi)
Disclaimer - Property reference 5416921-lh. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Christie & Co , Leeds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.