Retail Property (high street) to rentMiddle Street,Consett,DH8
1,355 sq. ft.
- 1,355 sq ft (125 sq m)
- Use class orders: A1 Shops
- Well fitted retail accommodation well fitted retail accommodation
- Located in a prominent corner position
- Easily accessed from Gateshead 10 miles to the north east, via the A692
- Easily accessed from the A1(M) and Durham to the south via the A961
- Town provides facilities for a number of food manufacturers, suppliers and various other companies
- Reduction in business rates and rent
- Incentives are available
Consett is an established market town, with a residential population of 24,828 (according to the 2011 Census). The town provides facilities for a number of food manufacturers, suppliers and various other companies, and has recently been expanded with significant new housing development. Consett is easily accessed from Gateshead 10 miles to the north east, via the A692, and from the A1(M) and Durham to the south via the A961.
The property is located in a prominent corner position at the southern end of the pedestrianised Middle Street, the towns prime retail pitch, and Front Street. Nearby national occupiers include Heron Frozen Foods, Ladbrokes and Coral Bookmakers, as well as a number of local retailers and public houses.
The property provides well fitted retail accommodation over two floors, and benefits from rear loading to a communal service yard and a good return frontage. The unit gives the following approximate floor areas:
Ground Floor Sales 1355 sqft 126 sqm
Ground Floor Storage 169 sqft 16 sqm
First Floor 1160 sqft 108 sqm
Internal Width 20' 7" 6.3 m
Shop Depth 66' 10" 20.4m
The premises are available by way of a new Full Repairing and Insuring lease, for a term of years to be agreed, at an initial rent of £15,000pa.
Incentives are available to incoming tenants, subject to status. These include a rent free period or stepped rental arrangement
According to the Valuation Office Website - https://www.gov.uk/correct-your-business-rates, the 2017 Draft Rating Assessment is as follows:-
Rateable Value £15,000
According to the same website the estimated rates payable is as follows:-
Rates Payable for year commencing 1 April 2017 £9,873
Interested parties should make their own enquiries as subject to individual circumstances the actual amount payable may vary.
The Energy Performance Asset Rating is Band E (107). A full copy of the EPC is available for inspection if required.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-46153942.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 2_Middle_Street_DH85QJ. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by @retail, Newcastle Upon Tyne.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.