Light Industrial to rentCommercial Building Development - Oxen Cove, Blackball Lane, Brixham, Devon, TQ5
Withdrawn from Market
20,000 sq. ft.
- 20,000 sq ft (1,858 sq m)
- Harbour side location close to Brixham Fish Market and complimentary facilities.
- Direct access to the sea.
- Lease Agreement of up to 25 years available.
- Tenant input into Design & Build scheme to fulfill Tenant Specification.
- Tenders to be submitted by 12 noon Friday 9th March 2018.
- Please see 'Agent Brochure' below for more information.
TDA on behalf of Torbay Council invites, by way of informal tender, offers from parties interested in entering into a Lease for a term of up to 25 years. The rights will be contained in a lease to include the terms and conditions outlined in the 'Agent Brochure' please see below.
In 2007 Torbay Council, with support from the Regional Development Agency and two European Funding streams, invested some £22million in creating a new Fish Market with cutting edge facilities in the port of Brixham. This investment has seen the annual value of fish being sold through the Market, rising steeply from £20 million in 2012 to an anticipated £40.4 million during the current financial year. Improved facilities have therefore resulted in a 25% increase in landed catch but a 100% increase in the value of that catch. The port of Brixham has now firmly established itself as the premier port in England in terms of catch value.
Torbay Council now wishes to build further on this success by significantly improving infrastructure for the fishing industry. The fishing industry is the biggest employer in Brixham where the highest value catch in England and Wales is landed.
It is proposed that a new commercial building development will be built by Torbay Council adjacent to the Fish Market, on Oxen Cove, see 'Floorplan' EM3042 above. The development will be of a total size up to 1,850sq m (20,000sq ft). The exact specification of the unit / units will be dependent upon the tender submissions received against the Development Criteria, please see 'Agent Brochure' below for further details.
An open tender process will be used to market the opportunity. The Council will select a preferred bidder to enter into a lease with tenants who will be expected to invest in the equipment needed for their business. This project would allow the infrastructure to be built that would enable the broadest opportunities for a variety of uses.
The aims of the project are to support the fishing industry to develop and meet the growing need of the market, promote business growth, job creation and growth of the shellfish farming.
There is no existing provision of this kind in the harbour, and as set out in the 'Agent Brochure', there is a clear demand. It will support the further development of the port of Brixham and the economy of Torbay by:
- Providing support for the fishing sector.
- Offering purpose built and specialist space for businesses within the shellfish fishing sector.
- Support fishing businesses to enable them to grow and collaborate with other marine and food companies.
- Create new employment in one of the UK's busiest fish market.
- Attract inward investment to the area.
Site Description: The area is currently used as a surface level seafront car & coach park and for commercial / industrial fishing storage / boat storage. The site is ideally placed to meet the needs of the fishing industry. The site comprises of reclaimed land of 'selected rubble / hardcore fill' retained by a rock armoured revetment over the pre-existing seabed / bedrock. The rear of the site comprises a steep (disused) quarry face.
Tenders to be submitted by 12 noon Friday 9th March 2018.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-52854795.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference 1347. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by TDA, Torbay.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.