Retail Property (high street) to rentCathcart Road, Glasgow, G42
988 sq. ft.
- Use class orders: A1 Shops
- Located within the Mount Florida area of Glasgow's South Side.
- Overall net internal area 91.79 sq.m. (988 sq.ft.).
- Arranged over ground and basement floors.
- Former bank premises - Class 2 (office) use available.
- New FRI lease available.
- Rental offers in the region of £10,000p.a.
The subjects occupy an end-terrace position on the western
side of Cathcart Road at its junction with Somerville Drive
within Mount Florida area of Glasgow's South Side.
The immediate surrounding area is of a mixed nature,
comprising residential and retailing uses. Cathcart Road
at this location is characterised by traditional tenement
buildings with flatted dwellings on upper floors, with
commercial occupiers at ground floor level.
Surrounding commercial occupiers on the whole, comprise
small independent local traders and include a funeral parlour,
an electrical good repair shop, an opticians, numerous hot
food outlets, convenience stores and a charity retailer.
The property fronts directly Cathcart Road, which is a main
public transport corridor and traffic thoroughfare linking
with Mount Florida and Cathcart areas of Glasgow with the
The subjects form part of a traditional end terrace, four
storey tenement building. The subjects extend over part
ground of the building, with the upper floors being in flatted
Access to the property from street level is provided by
means recessed aluminium framed and glazed door.
Being a former bank, the subjects do not have a typical
retail frontage but have a fairly solid, tiled frontage with a
large 9 unit window section.
Internally, the subjects are arranged to provide a reception
and sales area to the front, with a main sales area at ground
floor with access to the basement via a flight of stairs to the
right of the entrance. The basement contains, what appears
to have been used previously as a storage area, as well
as a kitchen and two toilets. The basement has access to
natural light in the kitchen through three separate single
According to our calculations on a Net Internal area basis,
the subjects extend to the following areas:-
Ground 56.24 sq.m. (605 sq.ft.)
Basement 35.55 sq.m. (383 sq.ft.)
TOTAL 91.79 sq.m. (988 sq.ft.)
According to the Scottish Association website (www.saa.
gov.uk) the subjects are entered in the current Valuation
Roll with a Rateable Value of £6,900. As of April 2017, this
Rateable Value will increase to £8,700.
Prospective tenants should therefore qualify for 100% relief
under the Small Business Bonus Scheme.
Sight of the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) for the
subjects can be made available upon request.
Our client is seeking terms for a new Full Repairing and
Insuring lease for a minimum period of 5 years on standard
Rental offers in the region of £10,000pa. are invited.
Our client will require as a condition of any new lease a
deposit equivalent to 3 months rental.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-64873367.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference WSA1109. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by DM Hall , Glasgow.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.