Garage to rentMerchiston Mews, Edinburgh, EH10
697 sq. ft.
- Rare city centre car garage opportunity
- Gross internal area 64.7sqm/697sqft
- Qualifies for 100% rates exemption
- Offers of £14,000pax
The subjects lie within the highly sought after area of Merchiston, approximately 2.5 miles south of the city centre.
The Mews is easily accessible off Gilmour Place, a busy thoroughfare that links the Polwarth area of Edinburgh with Tollcross and subsequently to the town centre. Merchiston Mews is now
predominantly made up of residential dwellings with many of the former garages being converted into ground floor flats.
The subjects themselves are now the only operating garage/workshop in the Mews
which makes this a rare opportunity.
To the north of the subjects lies a large commercial hub with a cinema complex with various national occupiers including Cineworld, Nandos, Chiquitos and Frankie & Benny's etc. There are also more local occupiers nearby on Merchiston Avenue/Yeaman Place, including a grocery store, local pub and Vegware, which is an ecofriendly packaging and catering business.
The subjects comprise two inter-connected fully fitted/operational garages forming part of a two storey traditional stone mews held under a pitched and slated roof. The property internally provides two operational car ramps, three phase electricity to each unit with a single WC. One of the units benefits form an electric operated roller shutter while the other is manually operated.
The premises have been measured in accordance with the RICS code of measuring practice 6th edition. The floor areas are approximately as follows:
GIA (Gross Internal Area) 64.7sqm (697sqft)
According to the Scottish Assessors website www.saa.gov.uk the property has a Rateable Value of £2,800. Please note the property therefore qualifies for 100% rates exemption under the small business bonus rates relief scheme.
Offers of £14,000 per annum are invited with the property being let on a full repairing and insuring lease for a negotiable period.
The current occupier/landlord is also looking for a premium of £10,000 upfront for the use of various mechanical equipment that can be left behind.
Please see the itinerary below of the above mentioned equipment:
• 2 x 3.5 tonne 2 post hydraulic lifting ramps with 3 stage extending arms[ideal for lifting vans].
• 1 twin motor compressor.
• 1 Dunlop automatic tyre changer.
• 1 balco wheel balancer.
• 1 20 tonne blue point press.
More information from this agent
To view this media, please visit the on-line version of this page at www.rightmove.co.uk/commercial-property-to-let/property-68364446.html
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
Disclaimer - Administration fees may apply when renting a property in England, Wales or Northern Ireland. For more details, please contact the agent.
Property reference Esa1350. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by DM Hall , Edinburgh.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.