Office to rent27 Canon Street, Taunton, Somerset, TA1 1SW
799–1,343 sq. ft.
- 799 sq ft (74 sq m)
- Use class orders: A2 Financial and Professional Services, B1 Business, D1 Non-Residential Institutions and Class E
- Town centre employment property comprising 2 buildings
- Parking space for 5 cars
- 1343 sq ft / 124.86 sq ms
- Would suit a variety of uses including offices, clinic, health centre, and creche.
- Potential for 100% Business Rates Relief
- Majority of accommodation on ground floor
- Gas fired central heating throughout
- Property available as a whole (1343 sq ft) or larger building only (799 sq ft).
A prominent town centre employment property with parking for 5 cars close to Somerset County Cricket Ground with a variety of employment and commercial occupiers nearby. The Canon Street public car park lies directly opposite.
The property comprises two buildings - an attractive traditionally-built 3 storey building fronting Canon Street and a single-storey timber framed building adjacent to the parking spaces.
Internally the property benefits from:
Gas fired central heating
Good natural light to all work areas
Carpets to all work areas
Wooden double-glazed windows in the majority
3 separate WC's
Security alarm for each building
Kitchen areas for each building
Rear building fully DDA compliant
All mains services are connected including fibre optic broadband.
Larger Building (net internal areas):
Ground 352 sq ft / 32.68 sq ms
First 200 sq ft / 18.63 sq ms
Second 247 sq ft / 22.96 sq ms
Pavilion (net internal areas):
Ground 544 sq ft / 50.59 sm
TOTAL 1343 sq ft / 124.86 sq ms
The whole property falls within the 'E' (Employment) Use Class which covers a range of uses including offices, clinics, health centres, creches, restaurants, cafes and shops.
The Rateable Value is £11,750 so some occupiers would benefit from 100% Business Rates Relief.
The whole property is offered by way of a new full repairing and insuring lease for a term of years to be agreed with rent reviews as appropriate.
Alternatively the larger building alone is available.
The lease will be Contracted Out of the 1954 Landlord & Tenant Act.
The Rent is £12,500 per year for the whole property or £8,500 per year for the larger building. VAT will not be charged on the rent.
Each party will be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in the transaction.
Viewings by appointment with the agent.
Subject to Contract
Map & Street View
Street View is unavailable in this location
- Taunton (0.4 mi)
Disclaimer - Permitted payments may apply when renting a property in England or Wales. For more details please go to the Tenancy Info link (alongside the advertised rental price) or contact the agent.
Property reference 27CS. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Neil Atkinson & Co, Somerset.
Please refer to our Renting Guides for further information on how to safely rent a property.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.