3 bedroom house for sale
Portugal - Concelho Santa Cruz, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Semi-rural: Half way between the airport and Santo da Serra golf course
- Panoramic views towards the Ocean and the Desertas Islands
- Very handicap friendly as two bedrooms are on the ground level
- Currently three bedroom, but easily converted in a five bedroom family house
- Third bedroom, at the first floor, shares the same ocean views south as the master suite
- A wood burning stove in the open-plan living/dining area guarantees the heating
- There is space for a swimming pool in the front lawn
- This 4200 property has extra building capacity suitable for a tourism project or independent villas
- The carport houses one car, but the driveway is wide enough for two extra parking spaces.
- There are photo voltaic panels to produce electricity
It is fairly easy to miss the entrance to this family house. The driveway, descending from the regional road behind, keeps it very private.
The main entrance hall leads directly into the generously sized open-plan living/dining area. Full of light, this area offers panoramic views to the ocean through double glazed sliding doors that lead into the landscaped garden. The kitchen, fully fitted, lies to the rear. There is also a laundry on the ground floor.
Featuring a handicap friendly layout, the villa offers two generously sized bedrooms on the ground floor, one of them with ensuite bathroom and dressing area. There is another bathroom at this level. Most of the ground floor features solid wooden floors.
A majestic wooden staircase leads to the first floor, where the third bedroom is located. This shares the same panoramic views as the master suite on the ground floor. It also has an ensuite bathroom and a private veranda facing south.
This house could easily be converted into a five bedroom villa, as it has two further multipurpose rooms on the first floor, as well as an open-plan area which is currently used as an office. An extra bathroom still needs to be completed.
The barbecue area, to the east of the house, features a traditional bread oven. The property has a carport for one car, but the spacious driveway is wide enough for two extra parking spaces. It is possible to install a swimming pool in the lawn in front. There are some fruit trees, a herb garden and a small lake with ducks, situated on the agricultural part of the property.
The photo voltaic panels in front of the house produce energy which is fed into the electrical grid.
This 4200 property has extra building capacity suitable for a tourism project or independent villas.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (INTERNATIONAL), 8.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.