Land for sale
Greece - Old Skala, Cephalonia, Ionian Islands
like this property?Call: 03339 390401
- Plot of 4000 sqm & 200 sqm build capacity
- Situated in the lovely old village of Skala
- All amenities are only 2.5 km away
- 3 km to the blue flag beach of Skala
- 30 km from the town of Argostili
- 38 km from the International Airport
It is situated in a historical place, the Old Skala.
Stone Age remains were discovered in the Sakkos cave, near the end of the beach and culture vultures can easily view the remains, near the small fishing harbour in the area of Agios Georgios outside Skala, of three Doric columns beside the foundation stones of a small temple dedicated to the god Apollo by ancient sailors.
Also, just on the edge of the village, can be found remains of a Roman villa, dating to the 2nd century AD and excavated in 1957, with three well preserved mosaic floors. The villa is thought to have been destroyed by fire around two hundred years after construction and an Early Christian church was erected on the remains. This, too, was consumed by fire and later replaced by the church of Agios Athanasios.
The distance from New Skala is only 2.5km,where are situated all amenities.
Its only 3km from the beach of Skala .The beach has been awarded with the Blue Flag for its cleanness and Organization, something that is still famous for .
Its 30 km far from Argostoli, the capital of Kefalonia and from the airport 38 km.
- Cephalonia (INTERNATIONAL), 6.7 miles
- Zakynthos Island (INTERNATIONAL), 30 miles
- Aktion (INTERNATIONAL), 54.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.