4 bedroom detached house for sale
France - Bonen, Côtes-d`Armor, Brittany
like this property?Call: 03339 395323
- 5.3 hectares and 3 lakes
- Views over its parkland
- Potential equestrian use
- Large, modern hangar
Floor space: 180m² (estimated, non-verified), plot size: approximately 53,400sq m.
Elevated ground floor:
- a lounge / dining room with a view over the gardens.
- a modern fitted kitchen (also with a view).
- two bedrooms.
- an office / potential fifth bedroom.
- a shower room with WC.
- a separate WC.
- a good size sitting room and office area.
- two en-suite bedrooms.
- access to generous loft storage space.
- a separate kitchen.
- a laundry / utility room.
- a gym room including a shower and WC.
- a storage room.
- a spacious garage.
- a second spacious garage (accessed from the exterior and not from the basement).
Heating: double glazing throughout. Two central heating boilers: (1) a wood-burning system which uses wood from the house's grounds and therefore at no cost. (2) a De Dietrich fuel-oil boiler (installed in 2016, costing EUR 7,100) is in place as a back-up, is very rarely used and benefits from a ten-year guarantee.
Outside: three lakes, expansive gardens, meadow land and wooded areas, a large hangar, an elevated sun terrace providing impressive views over the gardens and a lake. The lake which is viewed from the house has been professionally measured at 2,275sq m (just over half an acre) with a stated margin of error of + or - 5%. The large lake stocked with fish has not been professionally measured and appears, from the Cadastre's (Land Registry) website to be in excess of three acres. The third and smallest lake has not been professionally measured. Please note that these figures are provided to help give an idea of the lakes' sizes and cannot be taken as contractual.
Taxe Foncière for 2017: EUR 1,117.
LOUNGE / DINING ROOM: bright and airy with an oak parquet floor and a view towards the lake. A log-burning fire is fitted in the granite fireplace which is tastefully finished with a polished granite hearth and mantel piece. Patio doors open directly onto the elevated terrace with its view over the gardens and the lake.
FITTED KITCHEN: newly fitted in 2014 and featuring polished granite worktops, a four-hob gas cooker, an electric oven (with a self-cleaning programme), a fitted microwave / grill, a fridge / freezer and a dishwasher. The kitchen enjoys a view over the garden and a lake and also has a patio door opening onto the terrace. The appliances and the fitted kitchen are under guarantee until 2019 and 2024 respectively.
BEDROOM 1: with an oak parquet floor and featuring fitted furniture including bed-side tables, a mirror-fronted wardrobe and a dressing table.
BEDROOM 2: again with an oak parquet floor and fitted furniture including bedside tables and a fitted wardrobe.
OFFICE / POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL BEDROOM: with an oak parquet floor and fitted furniture which includes a dressing table and a complement of cupboards.
SHOWER ROOM WITH WC: with a shower cubicle and a wash basin mounted on its oak-fronted cupboard.
SEPARATE WC - including a wash basin.
The staircase brings you into a further living area with office space which offers the possibility of operating a holiday let, if desired, or to serve as the owners' accommodation with the ground floor being let. It features exposed beams and includes a number of fitted bookshelves in attractive dark wood. From here you access:
BEDROOM 3 (en-suite): with a carpeted floor and an en-suite featuring a tiled shower cubicle, a wash basin mounted on its cupboard unit, towel rings and a WC.
BEDROOM 4 (en-suite): with a carpeted floor, a generous complement of fitted wardrobes and drawers and enjoying a view over the garden. The en-suite offers a bath with an over-bath shower, a wash basin set in an attractive polished-granite effect base mounted on its cupboard unit, a heated towel-rail and a WC.
LOFT STORAGE AREA: accessed by a folding ladder, the loft is insulated, has an electricity supply, is boarded-out and offers a generous amount of storage space.
- a 'summer' kitchen which has been used in the past to prepare breakfast for guests staying on a bed and breakfast basis. It offers a four-hob gas cooker, an electric oven, a refrigerator, a double sink and a generous complement of cupboards and drawers. Plumbing is in place to facilitate installing a dishwasher.
- a utility room with fitted cupboards, a low-energy-consuming heated airing cupboard (alternatively known as a 'black-space heater'), a worktop, some shelving, a sink, plumbing for a washing machine and an exit pipe for a tumble-dryer.
- a garage with space for two cars plus additional storage / workshop space and some fitted cupboards.
- an ante-room providing further storage space and which houses the two central heating boilers.
- a further room, currently used as a gym room, which has its own shower room with WC.
- a second garage for two cars plus additional storage space is accessed from outside the house.
A 'country' gate opens to access the large pebbled driveway which splits in front of and behind the house, the latter leading to the large purpose built hangar. The house has a large sun terrace which is ideal for dining 'al fresco' in the summer months and enjoys a splendid view over the gardens and over one of the lakes.
The large hangar was constructed in 2011 at a cost of almost EUR 60,000 and offers many potential uses, including storage of vehicles (the entrance door is approximately 3.5m high) and other equipment or as a workshop etc. It has electricity connected and the pipework is in place to facilitate installation of a water supply.
The property has a spring in its grounds which could be brought into use to provide a source of water for some domestic use (e.g. showers and toilets) and for garden watering.
The house is constructed in breeze blocks on granite, has a tiled roof which is in very good condition and a satellite dish is in place.
FERRY PORTS AND AIRPORTS:
- Saint Malo ferry port (serving Portsmouth and Jersey): 148km / 93 miles.
- Roscoff ferry port (serving Plymouth and Cork): 106km / 66 miles.
- Dinard airport (www.ryanair.com): 133km / 83 miles.
- Rennes airport (www.flybe.com): 146km / 91 miles.
- Brest airport: 110km / 69 miles.
Ref. M596-22. Price excluding agency fees: EUR 410,605. Agency fees of 4.8% (including TVA) to be paid by the buyer.
- Dinard (Pleurtuit) (INTERNATIONAL), 62.5 miles
- Rennes (St-Jacques) (INTERNATIONAL), 72.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.