3 bedroom character property for sale
Italy - Arpino, Frosinone, Lazio
like this property?Call: 03339 871822
- Casa Silvana: a beautifully restored 200 sq.mt. apartment on the 1st floor of a palazzo dating from the 1600s
- One of only four apartments in the palazzo
- Very large terraced communal gardens for the private use of the owners of the 4 apartments
- Antique features include the original hand-painted floor tiles, the ancient wood-coffered ceilings, the centuries-old marble fireplace, the old wood windows, etc.
- Ground floor cellars opening off the garden are beautifully preserved with all the original 17th century stone vaults and architectural structures
- One cellar room contains a marvellous antique stone olive-oil press
- The cellars also have independent street access, creating the possibility of a commercial activity
- Located in the historic centre of Arpino, a medieval hilltop town
- Only 90 minutes drive from Rome and Rome's airports
- Water, electricity, TV and telephone are all connected; no fixed annual condominium charges
The main apartment consists of an entrance hall, large kitchen and pantry, dining room, salon, master bedroom, two further bedrooms, two bathrooms and various storerooms and service areas. The restoration has been carried out to retain the maximum possible number of the original antique features, including the original hand-painted floor tiles, the ancient wood-coffered ceilings, the centuries-old marble fireplace, the old wood windows, etc.
The cellars on the ground floor opening off the garden are beautifully preserved with all the original 17th century stone vaults and architectural structures. One room contains a marvellous antique stone press used for making olive oil. The cellars have got their own independent street access and therefore create the possibility, if the purchaser so wishes, for establishing a commercial venture there - a small wine bar, shop, gallery, etc., subject of course, depending upon the activity contemplated, to obtaining the requisite permissions.
There is a delightful large terraced communal garden shared with the other three apartments in the palazzo.
The apartment's wiring complies with building codes, the water, telephone, TV and electricity are connected and there is a security system. There is no central heating, but city gas has been connected to the palazzo. There are no fixed annual condominium charges.
From the front door of the property, a couple of minutes' walk brings you to the Piazza di Civita, the main square of the Civita Falconara district of Arpino, with the Palazzo Quadrini and a beautiful church, St Maria di Civita, dating from the 1300s and built on the ruins of a pagan temple. From there a further short walk downhill takes you past the large Palazzo Battiloro, the finely worked stone façade of the Palazzo Incagnoli, the decorative wrought iron balconies of the Palazzo d'Emila Morricone and the Palazzo Pesce, the late Baroque Palazzo Conti and thence to the Fontana dell'Aquila. Immediately beyond that is the Auditorium, the main shopping streets of Arpino and Arpino's own principal piazza.
Energy classification: G
- Ciampino (INTERNATIONAL), 53.1 miles
- Capodochino (INTERNATIONAL), 63.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (INTERNATIONAL), 71 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.