4 bedroom apartment for sale
Italy - Arpino, Frosinone, Lazio
like this property?Call: 03339 871822
- Located in a tranquil cul-de-sac in the heart of the historic centre of Arpino, a hilltop town dating back over 2,000 years
- The Palazzetto dates from the 1500s and has been beautifully restored
- Presently 4 separate units, this would make ideal accommodation for a large family with adult children or a group of friends
- 200 sq.mt. presently configured with 4 bedrooms, 4 modern bathrooms, many seating & dining areas and a laundry room
- Splendid fully fitted chef's kitchen, two angle kitchens and a galley kitchen with an elegant dark wood breakfast bar
- A charming walled courtyard for alfresco dining with a covered area to install a BBQ
- Features include exposed stone arches, magnificent old wood-beamed ceilings and a large open fireplace
- Nearby free public parking; only a minute's stroll from Arpino's main piazza
The property is presently divided into the owner's upper apartment and, in the south wing, four rental units. The four units are now available for sale. As one property, these four units would form an ideal vacation home for a family with adult children, or for sharing by several friends - communal dining, sitting and outdoor areas, and an extremely large kitchen, combined with separate suites with their own kitchenettes allow for both sociable mingling and individual privacy.
The communal living area includes a very large open-plan area, currently furnished as a dining area and several seating areas. This area benefits from beautiful old exposed dark wood ceiling beams, and is bisected by a stone archway displaying the ancient stonework to great effect. At one end of the area a door leads through into the courtyard garden.
In the far corner of the courtyard garden there is a section of the old stone cantina (cellars) of the palazzetto, which would make a charming bbq and summer dining area.
An extremely large, fully fitted kitchen, together with a further dining area, (previously used by the owner, a professional chef, to give demonstrations and run cooking classes), provides a great opportunity for family and friends to share in the preparation and cooking of the magnificent fresh produce available for purchase in all the local shops and markets.
An additional facility, also included in the communal area, is a laundry room.
On this level there is also a w.c., opening through into a shower room, and a large ground floor bedroom, again with a lovely dark wood ceiling; this bedroom has its own direct access to the courtyard.
Stairs from the courtyard lead up to:
(1) a suite of rooms, comprising a living room overlooking the courtyard, with an angle kitchen, a large bedroom and a modern bathroom;
(2) a studio, also overlooking the courtyard, with an angle kitchen and a modern bathroom;
(3) a full apartment, with a large sitting/dining area, and a galley kitchen along one wall, separated from the main room by an elegant dark-wood breakfast bar. There are views over the vicolo (the medieval narrow cobbled street) at one end and the courtyard garden at the other; also a splendid large log-burning open fireplace for winter. This apartment has an extremely large bedroom, and a modern bathroom.
Energy classification G
ARPINO AND THE CIOCIARIA
Arpino is one of the major medieval hilltop towns in the area of Italy called the Ciociaria, the name given to the fertile land that lies south of Rome but north of Naples, situated inland in the hills in the heart of Italy.
The Ciociaria region is within easy reach of both Rome and Naples and their respective airports. A day's shopping in Rome is a common pastime, while an even shorter drive brings you to the charming beaches south of Rome. Alternatively, drive east, and the mountains of the Abruzzo National Park await with horse trekking in the magnificent beech forests, and sparkling mountain lakes and rivers where you can swim in the heat of the summer. And at the other extreme of temperature, although Arpino itself is temperate, less than an hour's drive brings you to the winter ski slopes.
Often overlooked, both by tourists and by those foreigners in search of an Italian home, in favour of the more publicized regions of Tuscany and Umbria, the Ciociaria remains largely an unspoilt gem with beautiful scenery and medieval hilltop towns. A home or second home in the Ciociaria, in the hilltop towns of Arpino, Veroli, Alatri or in the rolling countryside that surrounds them, will afford you a setting where over two thousand years of history combine with an idyllic rural Italian lifestyle, where you can still discover the 'real' Italy and take time out from the busy crowds of the larger tourist cities, while being less than ninety minutes journey from central Rome or either of Rome's two airports.
VIA ROMANA Srls
Via Romana Srls is an Italian-incorporated company and offers a package of services to facilitate all aspects of the purchase and restoration of Italian property by overseas clients. The Via Romana team comprises Alison & Katherine Holland working in collaboration with various licensed agencies including the Alfano Consulting Agency, Immobiliare Grasso di Alessandra Grasso and Casantica Restauri Srl.
Alison Holland is a UK Chartered Accountant who, as an investment banker, lived and worked in various European countries, the US, Australia and Singapore, before settling in Italy. Alison has property valuation qualifications and much experience of selling high-end real estate. Katherine Holland is the photographer for the business.
The Alfano Consulting Agency is headquartered in Roccasecca and is one of the largest and most important real estate agencies in this area of Lazio. It is owned by Dottore Alfano who is the President of the Federazione Italiana Mediatori Agenti d'Affari, Frosinone.
Immobiliare Grasso di Alessandra Grasso is a long-established real estate agency in Sabaudia, a beautiful coastal town with beaches and lakes, 90 kilometres south of Rome.
Casantica Restauri Srl. is owned by a highly-experienced master builder and a civil engineer, and the company specialises in all aspects of the restoration of centuries-old properties including technical design and drawings and the obtaining of all necessary authorisations, permits and registrations throughout the restoration process.
- Ciampino (INTERNATIONAL), 53.1 miles
- Capodochino (INTERNATIONAL), 63.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (INTERNATIONAL), 71 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.