3 bedroom house for sale
Bulgaria - General Toshevo, Dobrich
like this property?Call: 03339 391007
- Traditional 3 BED house, made of stone and wood
- Recently renovated, with new roof, bathroom, stone fence
- Summer kitchen with open fireplace - used for baking bread/meat
- Big plot of land - 2500 sq.m.
- Short distance (5 km) to the nearest town - General Toshevo
- Nice and friendly village
- Price: 23000 EUR
Total living area is 85 sq.m. and comprises of:
- Summer kitchen with open fireplace which was used for baking bread or meat;
- 3 transitional rooms (bedrooms), one of them has a door leading to the garden.
All the doors in the house as well as the front gates are hand-made and decorated with wood carving.
Plot size - 2500 sq.m. - large enough to use it for planting vegetables and fruits, to put a swimming-pool or to build another property. There are also farm buildings which were used for breeding animals before and could be converted into a BBQ zone or a guest house.
5 km to Gen. Toshevo (nearest market town)
20 km to Dobrich (main district center)
35 km to Balchik (sea coast)
General Toshevo is a town in northeastern Bulgaria, part of Dobrich Province. Located in the historic region of Southern Dobruja, it is the administrative centre of the homonymous municipality and was named after the noted Bulgarian General Stefan Toshev. As of December 2009, the town has a population of 7,130 inhabitants.
What is today General Toshevo was first mentioned in Ottoman tax registers as Kas?m in 1573; according to archaeological evidence, the area had been settled by Getae in antiquity, and then by the Ancient Romans. The surrounding region became part of the Bulgarian Empire after its establishment in 681 until it was conquered by the Ottomans in the late 14th century during the Bulgarian-Ottoman Wars. It remained under Ottoman rule until the Liberation of Bulgaria in 1878. Following the Second Balkan War, Bulgaria was forced to cede it to Romania along with all of Southern Dobruja.
The village was ceded back to Bulgaria according to the Treaty of Craiova of 1940. It acquired its present name in 1942, and was declared a town in 1960.
Nowadays, the General Toshevo is well serviced market town, offering a variety of shops, restaurants and cafes. It is situated 25 km north of Dobrich, 13 km to the border with Romania and 35 km to the sea coast (Balchik). It has good transport links to all major towns serviced by buses and trains.
There is a world-acknowledged Institute for Wheat and Sunflower established in 1951.
- Varna (INTERNATIONAL), 33.4 miles
- Burgas (INTERNATIONAL), 81.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.