4 bedroom semi-detached house for sale
Malta - Gozo
like this property?Call: 03339 397086
- Peaceful location
- Country views
The main entrance is down an alley and opens into the hallway with an open-plan fully equipped kitchen and dining room with doors leading to the swimming pool. The first of four bedrooms and adjacent shower room are on the ground floor and there is a large living room and a separate study and utility room. There is a fire place in the dining room.
Upstairs there are three double bedrooms, two of which have en-suite shower rooms and and a further separate bathroom.
The first floor terrace gives access to the roof garden which faces south-west overlooking country and distant sea views -perfect to enjoy the sunsets.
The property is being sold including a single garage immediately opposite. Suitable for a family home, a holiday home or for a business opportunity.
The property is 12 minutes walk from Gharb Centre, where there are several restaurants and bars and museums.
Għarb is a village located at the westernmost point of the island of Gozo, Malta, with a population of approximately 1,500 people Gharb started life as a small hamlet centuries ago. The word Gharb is Arabic for West, so it should be no surprise that the village is the most westerly place on Gozo. You can see its ancient roots in the centre of the village where some houses have fine examples of decorated stone balconies.
Għarb was created as a parish in 1679, a move which gave impetus for the building of a new, baroque parish church. Built between 1699 and 1729, it has an elegant facade which has been compared with Francesco Borromini's Church of Saint Agnes in Piazza Navona, Rome. The village square, so quintessentially Gozitan, has become the view on many a postcard. On the square is a folklore museum housing all sorts of memorabilia retelling the Islands' rural history. Two other museums (Lace and Karmni Grima) are also located in Gharb.
Għarb lies in some of Gozo's most scenic countryside, particularly at Dbiegi, the highest hill on the Island. Also at Dbiegi is a centre for Gozitan crafts. Within the limits of Għarb is the Chapel of San Dimitri. According to legend, the first chapel was built on the cliff side by a woman whose son was freed from captivity by St. Demetrius.
Also nearby is the Basilica ta' Pinu, Malta's pre-eminent shrine to the Virgin Mary. It was on this spot in 1883 that a local woman heard the voice of the Virgin. The parish church is dedicated to the visitation of Saint Mary to her cousin Saint Elizabeth.
The nearest bay is Dwejra, a Natura 2000 protected site, location of the Inland Sea and the famous Azure window, arguably Malta's most photographed location when marketing the Islands.
- Malta (INTERNATIONAL), 21.5 miles
- Malta (INTERNATIONAL), 21.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.