4 bedroom farm house for sale
Malta - Gozo
like this property?Call: 03339 397086
Halfway up the stairs is a doorway leading to a very large terrace with country and village views, and overlooking the pool and garden below.
The traditional stone staircase leads up to a spacious sitting area which in turn leads to two bedrooms both with ensuite bathrooms.The largest of these is the same size as the mill room below and features lovely arches. Two further adjacent rooms are currently used as a study, but could be used as a bedroom with room for an en-suite in the smaller room.
Another staircase leads up to a fourth bedroom with ensuite and the roof terrace.
Included in the price is a single car garage. This delightful property is full of historic character and would make an excellent home or could be suitable as a large bed and breakfast business.
The property is 3 minutes walk from both Gharb Centre, where there are several restaurants and bars.
Għarb is a village located at the westernmost point of the island of Gozo, Malta, with a population of approximately 1,500 people Gharb started life as a small hamlet centuries ago. The word Gharb is Arabic for West, so it should be no surprise that the village is the most westerly place on Gozo. You can see its ancient roots in the centre of the village where some houses have fine examples of decorated stone balconies.
Għarb was created as a parish in 1679, a move which gave impetus for the building of a new, baroque parish church. Built between 1699 and 1729, it has an elegant facade which has been compared with Francesco Borromini's Church of Saint Agnes in Piazza Navona, Rome. The village square, so quintessentially Gozitan, has become the view on many a postcard. On the square is a folklore museum housing all sorts of memorabilia retelling the Islands' rural history. Two other museums (Lace and Karmni Grima) are also located in Gharb.
Għarb lies in some of Gozo's most scenic countryside, particularly at Dbiegi, the highest hill on the Island. Also at Dbiegi is a centre for Gozitan crafts. Within the limits of Għarb is the Chapel of San Dimitri. According to legend, the first chapel was built on the cliff side by a woman whose son was freed from captivity by St. Demetrius.
Also nearby is the Basilica ta' Pinu, Malta's pre-eminent shrine to the Virgin Mary. It was on this spot in 1883 that a local woman heard the voice of the Virgin. The parish church is dedicated to the visitation of Saint Mary to her cousin Saint Elizabeth.
The nearest bay is Dwejra, a Natura 2000 protected site, location of the Inland Sea and the famous Azure window (recently lost to nature), arguably Malta's most photographed location when marketing the Islands
- Malta (INTERNATIONAL), 21.5 miles
- Malta (INTERNATIONAL), 21.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.