3 bedroom detached house for sale
Portugal - Cernache do Bonjardim, Beira Baixa
like this property?Call: 03339 391468
- Connected to both mains water and electricity
- The house has thick stone walls and is in good order of repair
- In need of modernization but perfectly habitable
The plot of land measures 4.421
The property is connected to both mains water and electricity and benefits from a bore hole.
The house has thick stone walls and is in good order of repair, although it would benefit from some modernization works, it is totally habitable and ready to be moved in.
The house briefly comprises:
- Ground floor: consists of a large garage, a wine cellar, a large wine storage, another large room. The ceilings in this room are very high and made of very well preserved wood. One of the storage rooms has a door to the rear of the house, opening to a shared driveway which gives access to the rear of the plot of land. There is also a bathroom on this floor, with toilet, a hand wash basin and a little bathtub with shower above, which currently also accommodates the washing machine.
- First floor: is accessed by four stone steps leading onto a veranda, from which we enter the dining room. This room gives access to the rather rustic kitchen which would welcome a face lift. There is a traditional open fireplace in the far corner. Next to the kitchen we have a partially tiled bathroom with pedestal sink, toilet and bidet. A second door opens into a bedroom/ office.
From the dining room, there is access to the living room. There is a door from this room to the first bedroom/office.
From the veranda, there is a second entrance room to the first floor of the house, which opens into a little entrance hall. From here , there is a door to a large, fully tiled, modern family bathroom with shower cubicle, toilet, bidet and vanity basin with cupboard beneath.
From the entrance hall, we have a door which opens to a corridor. On the right hand side, we have two good sized bedrooms, and on the left hand side, there is a little fully tiled bathroom with toilet and pedestal sink. Next to this, we have the wooden stairs leading to the attic of the house.
- The attic has two rooms and could be converted into more living space. There is ample storage space in the off-sides of the rooms, and from the windows we have wonderful far views into the surrounding country side. The roof structure and the roof tiles are in perfect state of repair.
Back on the ground, the ample parking space next and in front of the house is all tarmacked. There is an annex which serves as a large garage, and another annex which can actually be used as a guest accommodation as it consists of a living room with open fireplace, a bedroom and a bathroom with shower cubicle, toilet, bidet and vanity basin with cupboard beneath.
The plot of land is well kept and has a large number of mature olive trees and many well kept vines, enough to make up to 1.000 liters of wine per year. There are also some large mature orange trees and further fruit trees.
For irrigation purposes, there is a borehole. Between the main house and the garage there is a water tank which is being used as a plunge pool.
This is a very tidy property, located in a quiet peaceful surrounding, and although there is one house nearby, you have your privacy on your premises.
The property is located in the hamlet of Pampilhal, a few km from the town of Cernache do Bonjardim. There are two cafés with mini market nearby.
Cernache do Bonjardim is a 10 minute drive away from the property. Here we have cafés, bars, restaurants, shops for food, building supplies etc, supermarket, pharmacy and outdoor pool and schools. There is direct bus from Cernache do Bonjardim to Lisbon, which passes through Tomar.
The larger town of Sertã is around 20 minutes by car, or 15 km, from the property. Sertã has several supermarkets, shops, restaurants, banks, schools, health centers, public library, in- and outdoor pool, café bars, parks and municipal buildings and is easy to access off the IC8 dual carriageway.
There are many river beaches in the area, and many place of interest are within an hour´s drive from the property.
The closest airport to the property is located at Lisbon, which is approximately two hour's drive way. Porto airport is slightly further taking approximately two and a half hours. Both Lisbon and Porto airports are serviced by several low cost airlines which operated regular flights into and out of the United Kingdom and other European countries.
- Lisbon (INTERNATIONAL), 88.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.