3 bedroom country house for sale
Portugal - Algarve, Tavira (Santa Maria e Santiago)
like this property?Call: 03339 396745
- PARKING: Garage, Double Garage, Driveway
- HEATING-COOLING SYSTEM: Fireplace, Salamandra, AC
- EQUIPMENT: Cable/Satellite TV, Internet/Phone
- GARDEN: Private, Landscaped, Natural, Lawn, Trees, Fruit Trees, Outdoor lighting, BBQ, Garden Terrace
- EXTERIOR: Storage Shed, Bread oven, Well
- VIEWS: Panoramic View, Country-side View
3 Bedroom Traditional Country House in Peaceful Location, near Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo, Tavira• Plot size: 2716 m²
• Living area of 134 m² and 87 m² of terraces
• Renovated in 2004 and 2012
• 3 Bedrooms, 3 Bathrooms
• Several terraces with great country views
This traditional quinta has been lovingly restored by its current owners, using local stone and tiling for the walls, floors and terraces. It sits on the edge of a small hamlet in a picturesque valley just 20 minutes drive away from Tavira. The two roof terraces offer panoramic views of the river valley and the surrounding hills. One part of the well maintained garden is dominated by an ancient well, which to this day supplies the house with water.
A short, smooth gravel track leads to a paved driveway with ample space for parking and a double garage. A beautiful stone paved path leads past the annex (which will be described later) to the main house. The spacious front terrace is the perfect place for al fresco dining or just to sit and read a book or enjoy a drink in the shade. At one end of the terrace is a barbecue adjacent to which is a small sun terrace with space for a table and chairs.
From the main terrace one door leads into a bright kitchen with marble worktops and splashbacks. The design of the kitchen is in keeping with the character of a country house, yet is fitted with all modern appliances. At the far end of the kitchen, a short corridor connects with a good-size storage room with an air conditioning unit.
Another door leads from the terrace to the living room which impresses with its exposed stone walls which, like most parts of the house, have been rebuilt with great care by the current owners. A wood fired stove in a corner of this room provides comfortable warmth in the winter. A few steps up is another small, well-lit room which is currently used as a reading and TV lounge.
Adjacent to the living room is a dining room which again has exposed stone walls and also an open fireplace in one corner. Further along, down a hallway, is the bathroom with shower and a double bedroom with a window on one side and French doors opening onto the terrace, offering views of the garden.
The house is said to have been the largest in the hamlet, and it is probably the oldest. At the back there is the original and still working bread oven and a staircase leading up to the roof terrace which offers panoramic views of the garden and the beautiful countryside.
The annex consists of two independent en-suite bedrooms. While the bedrooms are designed in traditional style, in keeping with the character of the property, the bathrooms are very bright and modern with walk-in showers and floor to ceiling tiling. Each has their own private sitting area at the front. On the side of the annex, steps lead up to the second roof terrace with stunning 360 degree views of the landscapes of this beautiful valley. This part of the property is obviously suited as guest accommodation and has the potential to provide rental income (tourism licence to be obtained by the new owners).
Energy Certificate: E
Amenities:• Beautiful country views
• Two roof terraces
• Exposed beams and stone walls in most rooms
• Floors paved with Santa Catarina tiles
• Country house kitchen with marble worktops
• Well water and cistern
• Septic tank
• Mains electricity, phone/internet and satellite TV
• Large garden with mature trees and 9 m² wooden shed
• Private drive and double garage
• Partly furnished
• Rental potential
Location:• Set on the edge of a quiet Algarvian hamlet in a picturesque valley
• 2 km to the nearest restaurant
• 5 km to the shops and cafés in Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo
• A 20 minute drive to Tavira and the beach
• A 35-minute drive to Faro international airport
• 18 kilometres to Benamor golf course
Property Ref: TV945
More information from this agent
- Faro (INTERNATIONAL), 19.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.