3 bedroom duplex for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Family residence in an up-marked tranquil and established area
- Its layout is similar to an apartment but has its own private entrance and locked garage
- The condominium is 5 minutes from downtown Funchal
- As this is the top floor property, both floors benefit from excellent views toward the city centre
- The ground floor comprised an open-plan living/dining area, and office, and the family kitchen.
- Top floor is reserved to the three bedrooms
- The decked area south is perfect for al fresco dining
- Private garage for one car, but space for extra parking in the drive-way
With a southwest orientation, the property is spread over two floors, both offering unobstructed views to the city centre from an elevated position. It is the top floor property, and is accessed from the north.
The lower level comprises an ample and bright open-plan living/dining area, an office and the family kitchen. It offers an exterior deck to the south which can be accessed from the kitchen and also from the open-plan living/dining area. The upper floor is reserved for the bedrooms. The master suite has an ensuite bathroom and a dressing area.
It was built in 1999, and has been well maintained as a family residence.
Despite having a private garage for one car, there is still space for extra parking in the drive-way.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (INTERNATIONAL), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.