4 bedroom apartment for sale
Portugal - Funchal, Madeira
like this property?Call: 03339 396426
- Small luxury condominium of just 6 apartments, with communal pool
- Set in a quiet and established residential area close to the old town of Funchal
- This is the ground floor four bedroom apartment
- Solid wooden floors to living areas & bedrooms
- Central vacuming installed
- White lacquered doors and fitted wardrobes
- Pre-installation for AC and solar panels
- Fitted kitchen with pantry and laundry
- The apartment is furnished
- Three designated parking spaces
The unusual L-shaped layout of this apartment separates the two suites from the other two bedrooms, with the open-plan living/dining area in between. The two suites have ensuite bathrooms whilst a family bathroom is shared by the other bedrooms located to the east. The generously sized open-plan living/dining area, featuring solid wooden floors, has direct access to the lawn and swimming pool, at the lower level of the building. The same happens with three of the bedrooms. Imagine if you could wake up and walk easily to the swimming pool for a morning swim and continue to enjoy the cosmopolitan and ocean views. The bedrooms also have fitted wooden wardrobes lacquered in white.
The kitchen, generous in size, overlooks the quiet courtyard to the east. It has a pantry and laundry. A guest WC completes the accommodation on this floor.
This luxurious four-bedroom apartment is furnished and has an electric boiler for domestic hot water,a central vacuuming system, electrical blinds and pre-installation for air-conditioning and solar panels. There are three designated parking spaces for this fraction, one of them in the underground garage, the others in the parking spaces at the rear of the building, as wel as a designated storage room.
This small condominium has just 6 apartments, is situated within easy walking distance of the heart of the city, and offers a convenient location for those who like to be close to all the facilities, services and entertainment, whilst still enjoying a quiet and more reserved area. The facilities, built in 2007 but recently renovated at the same time as the apartments, include a lift, and a generously sized swimming pool in the communal gardens, with supporting shower and separate bathrooms.
For those considering an investment in a luxury residence as a second (holiday) home or as a retirement destination, consider the advantages of Madeira Island :
• Sub-tropical climate - warm & pleasant year round
• Natural beauty - dramatic scenery, lush & colourful, known as the "Garden of the Atlantic"
• Ease of access - within 3 hours flight time from most European cities, direct flights from over 40 destinations in Europe, daily flights to London and Lisbon
• Protected environment - 70% of the island is protected parkland & forest
• Activities/Amenities - wide range of sports & leisure activities; two Golf courses near to Funchal
• Tourist infrastructure - long known as a quality tourist destination, with lots to see & do• Quality of life - a friendly, safe & clean place to visit and to live in (Note: one of the lowest incidences of crime in Europe)
Legal and fiscal situation
• Property transfer taxes - IMT tax, Stamp duty, reigistration and notary fees - max. 7%
• Inheritance tax - Effective 1st January 2004, inheritance tax abolished in Portugal. There is still a 10% stamp duty charge though on transfer of assets. Gifts/donations to a spouse (husband or wife), children, parents or grandparents are exempt.
• Capital gains tax - Flat 25% tax levy on all capital gains effected by non-residents.
• Portuguese (EU) Residence Permit - Since July 2012, the NON-EU PURCHASER has a right to apply for a Portuguese residence permit (with subsequent freedom of movement in Schengen countries) following purchase of real estate in Portugal with A MINIMUM INVESTMENT OF €500.000
• Non-Habitual Resident's Regime - offering fiscal advantages particularly to non-Portuguese retirees taking up residence in Portugal
- Funchal (INTERNATIONAL), 8.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.