5 bedroom house for sale
France - Nontron, Dordogne, Aquitaine
like this property?Call: 03339 872587
- Professionally installed sand school 40m x 20 m with "sable jaune" very high quality footing for all disciplines,fenced paddocks, fenced paddock paradise, 8 fields for rotational grazing
- American style center aisle barn with 8 stalls each 4m x 4m, sliding doors, anti-weave bars, feed bucket portals, secure tack and feed rooms, hot and cold water in feed room with deep sink
- 20-meter round pen for horse training, walls are 2m high, soft sand footing
- Paddock paradise to allow for herd living and increased movement of horses, great for mental and physical wellbeing
- Large bedrooms with high ceilings, big kitchen open to dining area, large log burning fireplace in salon
- Entire property fenced with chestnut post and rail fencing and electrified paddocks and grazing areas
- New septic installed in 2016 up to latest standards, house inspection reports no anomalies in electric or plumbing
- New hot water heater installed in 2017.
- Dog run of about 600 sq meters attached to side of house with several shade trees and gated entry into courtyard.
- Rainwater collection system with pump and spigots to use for watering garden and lawns.
1 main house in stone, approximately 180 sq meters, with 5 bedrooms, 2 shower bathrooms and 1 separate WC, living room, dining room, kitchen, mudroom, storage room, and small office;
1 laundry room located at the end of an old unused piggery barn (across the courtyard from the house and larger attached barn and workshop) with separate toilet and shower rooms, and an old wood fired oven;
1 large attached barn in stone (attached to home on east side and workshop on west side), approximately 200 sq meters, empty, large enough to park several vehicles inside with two mezzanine levels-one on either side;
1 workshop attached to the stone barn with electricity, workbench, tool storage;
1 piggery barn that can be converted into a gite or studio apartment (toilet, sink, shower already installed); and
1 American style stable, 210 sq meters, with 8 large stalls (4m x 4m) suitable for any horse, including mares with foals or stallions, a secure tack room, a secure feed room with hot and cold running water and a deep sink, feed bins, counters, and shelving, wash rack with skid proof mats and drainage throughout, automatic waterers in each stall, cross-breezes from each direction with great ventilation. (All constructed in 2017.)
The terrain is flat, unlike most of the nearby areas that can be quite steep. The entire exterior of the main property is fenced with chestnut post and rail fencing, installed in 2017. There are 8 electric-fenced areas for rotational grazing, 2- 40m x 40m electric-fenced grass paddocks with shelters, 1 electrified dry paddock paradise track with water at one end and feeding area at the other (the horses live on the track together; the track encourages movement all day and features herd living--great for the mental and physical health of the horses); 1 sand school/riding arena 40m x 20m with "sable jaune" an excellent all-around surface sand, fenced with chestnut post and rail that matches the fencing that surrounds the property; 1- 20-meter round pen for training with soft sand footing, fencing is chestnut and fir, 2 meters high; 1 hay storage tunnel that can hold 200 rectangular bales; 1 pond with surrounding landscaped retreat area; several fruit and nut trees including apple (many varieties), cherry, apricot, fig, kaki, pear (several varieties), plum (several varieties), kiwi, peach, blackberry, raspberry, currants (two varieties), pecan, walnut, hazelnut, and chestnut. There are also many flowering plants. See our Photo page for more details.
Underground rainwater storage collection with pump and water access points to use the rainwater for garden and lawns;
Fenced dog run, approximately 600 sq meters, with mature shade trees and gated access to the courtyard that lies between the house and outbuildings;
Composting area for horse manure and yard waste;
Easy access to riding and hiking trails, located directly across the street. You can ride for 100s of kilometers right from the front door. Several of the trails are regularly groomed by a neighbor.
Many horse riding enthusiasts living nearby; easy to find friends to hack with.
Wonderful, kind neighbors who are very friendly and helpful.
Close to shopping, schools, hiking trails, tourist destinations.
School bus stops at the driveway.
Equidistant to Limoges, Perigueux, and Angoulême.
2-hour TGV ride to Paris out of Angoulême.
Limoges airport 50 minutes away with frequent flights to the UK.
- Limoges (INTERNATIONAL), 34 miles
- Bergerac (INTERNATIONAL), 49.1 miles
- Poitiers (Biard) (INTERNATIONAL), 75.3 miles
- Bordeaux (Mérignac) (INTERNATIONAL), 82.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.