5 bedroom stone house for sale
Saint-Beauzile, Midi-Pyrenees, 81140, France
like this property?Call: 03339 396575
- Hectare +
- Swimming Pool
One hour from Toulouse airport, 45 minutes from Albi, 25 minutes from St Antonin Noble Val, and 20 minutes from Gaillac.
Set on the edge of the Gaillac vineyards and the Foret de Gresigne, the property is perched high with its own 2.5 acres of beautiful grounds with views over surrounding unspoilt countryside.
A charming three bedroom country house with character and a two bedroom separate and self contained family or guest cottage currently run as a successful business.
The house has:
* two separate reception rooms both with log burning stoves;
* three double size bedrooms, one with an en-suite bathroom;
* large family bathroom with a double basin;
* separate shower/ wet room;
* two separate toilets upstairs and downstairs;
* fully equipped kitchen;
* utility / storage room and under stairs cave;
* full width covered south facing veranda with outside seating areas and views;
* gas fired central heating.
The cottage has:
* large lounge, dining room and fitted kitchen;
* separate lounge (possible third bedroom) with the old bread oven as a feature;
* two double bedrooms upstairs;
* bathroom with bath/shower, toilet, bidet and basin;
* utility room.
Outside:-12m x 6m swimming pool with separate pool house, four bay covered barn/ garage, large studio and store room, with laundry room, toilet and basin, a pigeonnier, a stone stable, extensive grounds with lawns, shrubs and fruit trees
Details of the principal house, Les Hirondelles
* oak front door to hallway, stairs to first floor,
* on right- lounge (5.8m x 4.3m), marble fireplace with log burner, ornamental plaster frieze, large cupboards, library bookshelves, original tiled floor.
* on left - dining room (5.69m x 5.0m) large stone recess (for original range) with large log burner, tiled floor, exposed beams, original stone evier and port hole window.
* fully fitted kitchen (4.7m x 3.5m) range of units, worktops, butler sink unit, tiled floor, beamed ceiling, with door to pantry cupboard and shelving.
* laundry/ utility room, tiled floor, gas fired boiler (new in 2017), shelving, door to garden
* separate toilet, washbasin, shelving, plumbing for washing machine.
* wet room, shower, tiled walls, pebbled floor.
* understairs cave/ storage areafirst floor:
* bedroom 1 (5.8m x 4.6m), marble fireplace, ornamental plaster frieze, two windows east and south, walk-in wardrobe.
* bedroom 2 (4.7m x 4.55m) south facing window, original fireplace, with en-suite shower room, wash basin, toilet, shower unit.
* bedroom 3 (6.0m x 3.57m) dressed stone walls, beamed ceiling, two windows east and north facing, hanging rail recess.
* bathroom with roll top bath, double basins, two windows north and west facing.
* separate toilet and basin.Details of guest cottage / self contained letting house The Old Bakery Cottage
Renovated stone built self contained two bedroom cottage, original features, attractive stone work and beams, tiled floors, with new roof in 2018:
* living room, dining room + kitchen, open plan (9.7m x 4m min).
* fitted kitchen, with double sink, oak cupboards, tiled worktops, serving counter, fridges, dishwasher, four ring gas hob and built in oven, beams, dressed stonework, tiled floor, window and door opening on to private patio and gardens.
* leading to dining area and seating area with satellite tv connection and log burner in open fireplace. French doors. Dressed stone walls, beams, tiled floor.
* separate lounge (possible third bedroom) (4.3m x 4.1m) with original bread oven and evier. Dressed stone walls, tiled floor, door to exterior.
* staircase to first floor.first floor:
* bedroom 1 (7.0m x 4.35m) beams, dressed stone wall,
* bedroom 2 (5m x 4.5m) with beams,
* bathroom, step in bath, tiled shower, washbasin, toilet and bidet, tiled floor.outside:
* large four bay stone barn/ garage. electricity and overhead light;
* swimming pool (12m x 6m), new liner 2017, terrace with pool house and filtration equipment (new 2017);
* large studio at rear of the barn, currently used as storage and workshop, with light, power and heating. Includes a laundry room, with washing machine, sink and toilet.
* landscaped grounds of 2.5 acres (0.9 hectares), lawns, mature shrubs, fruit trees, wild flower meadow, extensive views across unspoilt countryside.
* three bay pig-sty / stable, currently used for storage of garden equipment and logs.
* pigeonnier (newish roof- possible project)Services - large gas tank giving gas fired central heating to both properties, mains water, separate fosse septic tanks to both properties, well (water used for garden irrigation).
The Healey Fox Service
With more than 30 years experience of the French property market the team at Healey Fox offer an efficient and professional service to anyone looking to buy a home in France. The company is based in Surrey in the U.K., where we are always happy to meet with prospective buyers. In France, we work with carefully selected bi-lingual agencies who have intimate knowledge of their areas and properties and will be on hand to assist you during your visits and throughout the purchasing process.
The team in the U.K. is headed by Dan Brewer who was educated in France and has lived and worked there. We have huge knowledge of the country and are always happy to help you to choose the right area for your personal needs and to help you select properties to suit your requirements. Once all that is sorted we will make viewing appointments with our partner agents who will show you selected properties and help you find the right one to buy. Throughout the purchase process both the team in the U.K. and the agents in France will work with you to ensure a safe, efficient and pleasurable buying experience.
If this is the service you are looking for, not only have you found it with Healey Fox but the good news is, it is free! You pay exactly the same commission to the French agent for the purchase as if you walked in off the street, the agent then shares that commission with us.
If a professional, free service is what you would like, call us, email us or check out our houses online.
The Healey Fox website has over 3,000 property listings across France, as well as a comprehensive news section covering the different aspects of buying, owning a property and living in France. There are also sections covering French mortgages, money transfers to France and other useful information about buying in this magical country.
The Midi-Pyrenees is one of the largest regions in France being nearly the size of Austria. It spans the area from south of the river Dordogne right down to the Spanish border and as such offers an enormous diversity of landscape, lifestyle and property prices. The region includes the departments of Lot, Aveyron, Tarn et Garonne, Tarn, Gers, Haute Garonne, Ariege and Haute Pyrenees. At Healey Fox we specialise in properties in Tarn et Garonne, Haute Garonne and Gers. Each being a beautiful department and an easy-to-live-in area. The climate is warm and sunny for most of the year, access via Toulouse airport or TGV station is easy from most of the UK and the slow pace of life and low population density brings with a quality of life so many of us are searching for these days. Buying a house in Tarn et Garonne is likely to bring you as much pleasure as buying a house in Gers or buying a house in Haute Garonne. The departments are fairly interchangeable and it will just be a matter of finding the very best house to suit your needs. Our partner agents in these departments will look forward to assisting you.
Things to enjoy in Midi-Pyrenees
Toulouse is the only large town in Midi-Pyrenees with one third of the whole population of the region living there. The rest of the region consists of small towns and villages and it enjoys the lowest population per square kilometre of any French region. If you are looking for a rural lifestyle in the sun then looking for a home in Midi-Pyrenees is to be recommended. The region is mainly an agricultural one with fields of sunflowers, wheat and maize plus orchards full of plum trees around Agen. There are very good vineyards to the north of the region and to the east livestock, especially sheep, live on the causses - the dry, limestone plateaux. The Midi-Pyrenees has so many navigable waterways, with two canals and four major rivers there is enough boating in this region for everyone who loves the idea of slowly floating through the watery countryside. If you tire of boats, fishing and swimming you can enjoy any of the twenty plus traffic-free green cycle routes which wend their way through the countryside. It's a region of leisurely boating and cycling, nothing is too rushed in Midi-Pyrenees, even your French house hunting trip will be gentle.
Things to do, things to eat
Despite its rural nature the region has a lot to offer culturally. Amongst my favourites are the amazing red brick cathedral of Saint Cecile in Albi and the Toulouse Lautrec museum nearby but you can choose to come right into the twenty first century with a visit to the Cite de l'Espace in Toulouse. Feeling energetic? Then you can climb the 374 steps of the Escalier Monumental in Auch, go climb a mountain or two, swim in a lake or choose to visit some of the numerous abbeys and churches along one of the three routes to Santiago de Compostella. There is always plenty to do in this enormous region and when you need to refuel you will surely delight in the many gastronomic specialities of the area.The large region of Midi-Pyrenees, especially the departments of Tarn et Garonne, Haute Garonne and Gers are certainly good places to start your search if peace, beauty, sunshine and easy access from the UK are on your list of 'must haves' for your house in France. Look at lovely properties in Haute Garonne, Haute-Pyrenees, Tarn et Garonne and Gers on our web site.
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (INTERNATIONAL), 35.4 miles
- Carcassonne (INTERNATIONAL), 60.2 miles
- Bergerac (INTERNATIONAL), 85.6 miles
- Beziers (LOCAL), 90.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.