3 bedroom detached house for sale
Ireland - Galway, Galway
like this property?Call: 03339 390533
- The residence is suited to either a young family, a downsize home or indeed a holiday home
- Approx 10 mins drive to Oughterard town & 15 mins drive to Moycullen village - both thriving & vibrant communities
- There is a separate chalet to the rear of the residence which extends to 450 sq. ft.
- Viewing is highly recommended & this home must be viewed to experience its charm
- The area is a paradise for fishermen, golfing & nature enthusiasts
- The property is sited a mere mile from the highly acclaimed Oughterard Golf Club & is a few minutes walk from Aughunure Castle.
- The gardens are a gardeners delight and are a myriad of colour and texture
- A charming & cosy bungalow on 1.5 acre private site
- Presented in immaculate condition & oozes character & feelings of tranquility
Constructed in the 70's, it is presented in immaculate condition and is a true and rare find which oozes character and feelings of tranquility, combined with old world charm, the moment one enters the gated driveway!
Accommodation comprises of entrance porch & foyer, informal sitting room with solid fuel fireplace, large conservatory style lounge with wood paneled vaulted ceilings with ample windows to maximize enjoyment of the gardens, kitchen with all modern appliances, which are included in the sale. There are three bedrooms, two of which are spacious doubles. The main bathroom is modern in style & comes fully tiled with bath, bidet & separate shower.
There is a separate chalet to the rear of the main residence - this room extends to 30ft x 15ft and is fully heated, wired for computers & with electricity. There is also a separate bathroom with shower. This would be ideal as a warm welcoming sleeping quarters for visitors (SPP)
In addition, there is also a separate block built garage with electronic doors & a workroom on the site.
The gardens are a gardeners delight and are a myriad of colour and texture with planting, mature trees & shrubs generously planted throughout the grounds. Pathways and rockeries combine to ensure any stroll in the garden is interesting and relaxing.
The property is sited a mere mile from the highly acclaimed Oughterard Golf Club & is a few minutes walk from Aughunure Castle.
The area is a paradise for fishermen, golfing & nature enthusiasts. It is approx 10 minute drive from the thriving village of Oughterard
Oughterard is a quaint town on the banks of the Owenriff River close to the western shore of Lough Corrib in County Galway. Located some 26 km northwest of Galway on the N59 road, Oughterard is the chief angling centre on the lough.
The Quiet Man Bridge is located 5 miles past Oughterard, down the Leam Road, which was the setting for the 1950s film "The Quiet Man" starring John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara. Also close to Oughterard, the Glengowla Mine (abandoned in 1865) is noted for its rare and beautiful octahedral crystals of fluorite and quartz.
Oughterard is a friendly and welcoming village, well catered for with a good range of shops, lively pubs, bank, hotels, post office, and restaurants which cater for the large numbers of visitors who come to take advantage of the walking, boating and other leisure activities for which this area is justly famous. Golf is available only 5 minutes from the property at Oughterard golf course. Oughterard has a diversity of spectacular scenery on the doorstep of Connemara with the tranquillity and comfort of country living, yet less than 25 minutes drive to Galway City. The area was privileged to have a new national school opened in 2013 and it has a highly regarded second level school. There are many sports clubs locally which include GAA, Soccer, Rugby, Badminton, Boxing a Gym and much more.
This residence will appeal to either a family looking for rural seclusion combined with a strong family ethos, a downsize home, or as a holiday home to someone seeking good quality accommodation with fishing & golfing close by."
More information from this agent
- Galway (INTERNATIONAL), 4.6 miles
- Connemara (LOCAL), 17.8 miles
- Connemara (LOCAL), 18.5 miles
- Shannon (INTERNATIONAL), 39.6 miles
- Knock (INTERNATIONAL), 45.3 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.