6 bedroom house for sale
Spain - Andalusia, Granada, Íllora
like this property?Call: 01865 600018
- Licenced Rural Accommodation in the heart of the old town of Illora in Granada, Spain
- Amazing views of the town, countryside and mountains from 4 private terraces
- Located below a 9th century castle currently being restored, increasing tourist appeal
- 6 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms - Perfect for a small business Bed & Breakfast
- Also ideal as a large home for a couple or family
- Undeveloped stables could easily be converted to a pool
- Centrally located very close to lively bars, restaurants, shops banks and school
- Located close to Granada, Andalucia - site of Spain s biggest tourist attraction
- Extensively refurbished with electrics completely rewired and plumbing updated
- Sale includes some antique and classic furniture, linens, towels, crockery
Originally 2 private houses, the property was recently beautifully and extensively refurbished to Casa Rural standards with the interior restored in an antique style but with modern facilities in the 6 Bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, 2 Lounges, 2 kitchens, study and 4 private terraces. The electrics were rewired and plumbing updated. The property has a licence for Viviendas Turisticas de Alojamiento Rural or Rural Accommodation. The local people are warm, friendly and very helpful that they make you feel welcome and part of the community.
The house has 6 bedrooms with en suite bathroom - 5 Double rooms and 1 Single. Each room has a built in wardrobe, beautiful antique bed frames, luxury beds and mattresses. Much of the furniture, linens, towels, curtains, some electric furniture and crockery are all included in the sale making this house all ready to move into. It also makes a superb and unique family home. The house has 3 lounges and one can be used as a mini library or a study. It also has 2 kitchens, one inside and one on the extensive terraces outside. There is a utility room and large under-roof area we used specifically for storing things.
In the large space outside there are 4 private terraces with spectacular views of the town, surrounding countryside and mountains. There are also two undeveloped stables that can be converted into a pool. From the terraces, you will see the big rock which dominates the centre of the town of Illora and on this massive rock the 9th century Moorish castle is built.
The 9th century castle is currently being restored by the Junta de Andalucia and this is increasing tourism to the town. Illora recently featured in the TV programme "Mankind" and was also highlighted when the Duke of Wellington s daughter was married in the local church to a very wealthy New York based property tycoon in May 2016. The Duke of Wellington has an extensive estate on the edge of Illora which is often a hideaway for Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall as well as, previously, for Princess Diana, who is very fondly remembered by locals. The 16th century church has also been recently restored and, from various points in the town, you can see the Sierra Nevada mountains - Spain s largest centre for skiing.
The town is very lively, especially in the spring and summer months where there are numerous fiestas, from Semana Santa (Easter) through Parapanda Folk (a well known folk festival attracting performers from across Europe) to the local fiestas celebrating the life of the town s patron saint, St. Rogelio. The local people are very warm and welcoming and you will quickly be made to feel part of the community. There is also a local community of British nationals who arrange events regularly as well as meeting from day to day in the nearby bars and restaurants.
This property, which was our much-loved home for 6 years and which we visit regularly, is large, very attractive, has tremendous potential and is hard to fully appreciate from photos or even our description. Please use the "Contact Seller" tab to ask us questions and to arrange a viewing.
- Málaga (INTERNATIONAL), 54 miles
- Almería (INTERNATIONAL), 88.8 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.