5 bedroom villa for sale
Netherlands - Noord-Holland, Hilversum
like this property?Call: 03339 874731
So much space! In the fabulous 'De Boomberg' neighborhood is this impeccably maintained semi-detached villa with a garage. The playful layout encompasses four full levels and with a total of 246sqm it is significantly larger than the exterior would suggest. The basement features a completely independent apartment, which makes this villa ideal for co-occupancy, live-in parents or nanny, a home office, etc.
‘De Boomberg’ is characterized by its (predominantly) pre-war era villas and meandering leafy lanes. The location is excellent; a quiet residential neighborhood within walking distance of the city center and several primary and secondary (international) schools nearby. The location offers equally easy and quick access to the NS train station and nature reserves. Amsterdam, Schiphol Airport and Utrecht are less than 20-30 minutes away by car or train.
Ground floor: entrance, spacious hall, restroom with a toilet and washbasin, comprehensive meter cupboard and coat area with fitted wardrobes. The expansive living/dining room features a welcoming sitting area at the front with a fireplace, and the dining room facing the garden with large sliding doors to the terrace. The open-plan kitchen is fitted with a full, high-end range of appliances: 5-burner gas stove, range hood, dishwasher, combination microwave oven, warming drawer, Quooker, refrigerator and freezer. The breakfast bar is the perfect spot to enjoy a cup of coffee with a newspaper or for catching up with friends while you cook them dinner.
At the rear is a large terrace that can easily accommodate a large dining table and/or lounge set. Steps lead down to the enclosed, sunny backyard (west-facing) with a lawn and terrace. A new shed was built to the side of the house in 2017.
Landing, spacious master bedroom with wall-to-wall wardrobes and recessed lights at the rear, second bedroom with a fitted closet and small balcony at the rear and a third bedroom with a dormer at the front. The bathroom is fitted with a bathtub, separate shower, toilet and sink.
Stairs to the second floor.
Landing with access to the storage space with the central heating unit. Spacious 4th bedroom with a dormer and second bathroom with a shower, toilet and sink.
GARAGE AND BASEMENT (full apartment)
Stairs from the central hall lead down to the basement, which is currently laid-out as a full apartment and is ideal for older children, or use as a guesthouse, as living quarters for live-in parents or a nanny, as a den or office, music room, etc. The partition walls are easy to remove, which would also allow for an alternative floorplan. Current layout: spacious living/dining room, French doors to a large bedroom, spacious kitchen/diner with a gas cooker, range hood, dishwasher, refrigerator and the fittings for the laundry machine and dryer. Hallway with the boiler room with the central heating unit, private bathroom with a shower cabin, toilet, sink and towel radiator. Behind the bathroom is the utility room with the sprinkler system unit for the garden.
The property also includes a large garage with an automatic door, heating and fittings for the laundry machine dryer.
• Ground floor is slightly elevated above street level, ensuring optimum privacy
• Ground floor and first floor levels feature light maple parquet flooring throughout
• Natural daylight entry in the basement
• Basement is currently an independent residential unit but can serve multiple alternative purposes
• Heated and tiled garage with an automatic door
• Double glazing throughout
• Smooth wall and ceiling finishes
• Several rooms with recessed lighting
• New custom Douglas timber shed (2017)
• New roof gutters at the front and the rear, including new rain pipes (November 2017)
• Basement converted into an independent apartment with separate entrance (May 2018)
• Dormer at the front largely refurbished: all roofing/zinc, drains (May 2018).
- Schiphol (INTERNATIONAL), 17.7 miles
- Rotterdam (LOCAL), 40.2 miles
- Eindhoven (INTERNATIONAL), 54.1 miles
- Maastricht (INTERNATIONAL), 94.4 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.