5 bedroom detached villa for sale
Portugal - São Marcos da Serra, Algarve
like this property?Call: 00351912676061
- Set in the hills with stunning views
- Perfect peace yet with every modern convenience
- 3 phase power, fast internet connection ( present owners run a software business)
- Second house ( under a different number ) for the buyer to expand with right permissions
- Stunning garden with automatic watering, filled with fruit trees and many assorted plants
- Fully fenced with electric gates and fitted cameras plus burglar alarms on both floors ( under contract )
- DISTANCES : Sao Marcos Village 5 minutes,Faro 45 ( Airport ) minutes, Silves 25 minutes, Guia shopping 30 minutes, South Coast 25 minutes, West Coast 40 minutes.
- This Property is " off the beaten track " so you never see a tourist !
- When the present owner's brought the property their line to the agent was " If the neighbors have a party, we don't want to hear it ".
- Energy Certificate B-
* Stunning Villa 2.5km outside S. Marcos da Serra, Set over two floors. Main (top) floor 3 bedrooms (2 en-suite ). A huge lounge with 9 floor-to-ceiling windows with amazing views over the hills of the Algarve. South facing balcony. Dining room seating 10. The entire house is surrounded by a mature garden with assorted fruit trees and plants ( with an automatic watering system). Steps from the Pool area take you down to a separate apartment, with 2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a small kitchen, and a lounge diner. The house is fully fenced, with electric gates, All windows are double glazed, every room area has reversible A/C for heating and cooling. There is a wood burner on the main floor. Burglar alarms are fitted on both floors, A sauna and pavilion for outside eating are set around the pool again with breath-taking views. Set on a hill over looking the main house is an octagonal studio building offering a relaxing quiet place to watch the eagles fly past.
* With fast internet connection, reliable bore hole, three phase power, and a Eco Septic tank.
* A second house (under a separate number) offers the buyer a chance to extend what at this time is a small house split into four rooms, with no water or power, but offers an amazing chance to develop a magical valley site for wooden homes or a new villa (subject to permissions).
* S. Marcos da Serra is a typical pretty Portuguese Village, with a Post Office, Bank, 3 general stores, hardware shop, chemist, and with several bars and restaurants offering good local fare at low cost.
* The house is within an inner fenced area of approximately 6,700 sqm which features mature gardens with an automated overnight watering system. (The fence perimeter is approx 300 metres).
* The house totals over 230 sqm of internal space: 160 sqm in the main floor, and 72 sqm in the downstairs apartment, which is currently beings used as offices for a software development business. (A guide floorplan of the downstairs apartment is included with the photographs of the main house).
* All windows and doors feature double glazing to high specification. The main lounge features large picture windows to south, east and west with reduced light transmission and reflective finish to exclude excessive sun.
* Entrance from the front door is into the large reception are with open plan kitchen. All three bedrooms and the dining room area open from here. The dining room opens to the west facing terrace and pool, and to the 55 sqm lounge with views to east, south and west, and its own elevated terrace. Dining room and lounge both have air-conditioners which may be used for heating or cooling.
* The main bedroom of 16 sqm has an en-suite bathroom with walk-in shower and windows to the east. This bedroom has an air-conditioner which may be used for heating or cooling.
* The second bedroom of 13 sqm has a window to the east and has a "jack and jill" bathroom which can be used as an en-suite or a "family" bathroom This bedroom has an air-conditioner which may be used for heating or cooling.
* The third bedroom of 13sqm (currently used mostly for storage) has window to the west, onto the terrace. This bedroom has an air-conditioner which may be used for heating or cooling.
* The terrace exceeding 200 sqm has a large swimming pool of 4m x 9m to a depth of 2.1m at the deep end. In the southwest corner of the terrace a sizeable 15sqm pavillion, glazed to south and west with views down into the gardens and beyond and with wind down transparent blinds for winter use presents a perfect entertainment area adjacent to the pool and protected from the sun. From the terrace you can access raised beds and the two levels of garden terraces descending towards the valley in the west.
* The downstairs apartment totalling approx 72 sqm features a large entrance lounge of 28 sqm and a main large bedroom of 16 sqm with en-suite bathroom with bath, toilet, bidet and sink. There is also a small bedroom or storage room of 6.8 sqm.
* Total area of the two plots is approx 4.4 hectares. The main plot is approx 2.2 hectares. The main house elevation is approximately 112 metres above sea level.
* The inner fenced area has a main gate featuring two separate electric gates designed to prevent dogs leaving the fenced area while people are driving in or out. There is also a secondary manual gate for goods vehicles (or separate business entrance if required).
* The property also offers fast internet connection (at least 20 Mbps by 4G vodafone and 6 Mbps by wired ADSL). There is a reliable bore hole and cisterna for water supply, fitted with water softener and solar heating panels for hot water (with immersion heater for top-up). Mains electricity is three phase. There is an eco-friendly septic tank with a fern runaway bed.
* Non personal furnishings are available by negotiation.
- Faro (INTERNATIONAL), 32.9 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.