2 bedroom apartment for sale
France - Léran, Ariège, Midi-Pyrénées
like this property?Call: 03339 397305
- Comfortable 2-bedroom apartment in the historic Château of Léran built in the XXII century
- On the third floor of the right wing with fabulous views
- Triple-aspect lounge with wood burner
- Fitted kitchen-dining room
- 2 bedrooms, bathroom with shower
- Shared use of well kept mature grounds with pool and tennis courts
- Single glazing, modern electric heating, mains drains
- Annual co-ownership charges of 5.000 euros per year
As owner of one of the apartments in the château, you will be able to enjoy well tended mature grounds with trees over 100 years old, plus a lovely swimming pool and 2 tennis courts.
The apartment offers 123m² living space, comprising: entrance hallway leading to large triple-aspect lounge with feature wood-burning stove, fitted kitchen-dining room, 2 bedrooms, bathrooms and WC.
Built in the XII century as a defensive fortress, the château was significantly damaged during the religious wars. It was restored in the XIX century by a disciple of the famous architect, Viollet-le-Duc. The fortified battlements, pointed watch turrets and roof gables give the château its majestic and fairy-like appeal. Inside you'll find a magnificent Louis XIII stone staircase and the Grande Salle d'Honneur with stunning chimney from Mirepoix and famous wooden ceiling 'à la française'.
The château was bought in 1805 by the Levis-Mirepoix family and remained a family home for several centuries. Today the the château is privately owned by 10 owners.
Léran itself is on the doorstep of the Lac de Montbel for summer sports and little sailing school, 45 minutes from the local ski slopes Les Monts d'Olmes, and 15 minutes from the medieval village of Mirepoix. Easily accessible within 1 hour from both Toulouse and Carcassonne airports.
- Carcassonne (INTERNATIONAL), 25 miles
- Perpignan (Rivesaltes) (INTERNATIONAL), 50.3 miles
- Toulouse (Blagnac) (INTERNATIONAL), 51.7 miles
- Beziers (LOCAL), 76 miles
- Lourdes (Tarbes) (INTERNATIONAL), 98.1 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.