6 bedroom villa for sale
Italy - Arpino, Frosinone, Lazio
like this property?Call: 03339 871822
- Villa Palmira: a lovely 260 sq.mt. 5 or 6 bed/2 bath home set in a beautiful countryside location with panoramic views in all directions
- 5 hectares of land, with a garden, fruit trees and olive trees, woodland and a vegetable garden
- The house is approached by a sweeping drive through your own woods
- There is a patio and garden area directly in front of the house which has been fenced separately
- The main entrance to the house is through a large room with big sliding doors on three sides: in summer, these can be opened to create an enticing shady semi-outdoor space
- Fully-fitted classic kitchen with open fireplace; modern bathrooms; central heating; all utilities connected
- The lower apartment could become a spacious self-contained suite for family and friends, or could be used to generate rental income
- Large garage and a separate building used as a storeroom in the grounds
- A short stroll across your own land takes you to the little local train station - a few minutes later, you will be in the heart of Sora, within walking distance of all its shops and restaurants
- A few minutes drive from the property takes you into the medieval hilltop town of Arpino. Only 90 minutes from Rome, Naples and their respective airports
5 hectares of land, with a garden, fruit trees and olive trees, woodland and a vegetable garden.
The main part of the house is fully finished; on the lower level there is a separate apartment (which could be connected internally if desired), which has a been plumbed, wired and tiled, but needs to be painted and otherwise finished off. This lower apartment could become a spacious self-contained suite for family and friends, or could be used to generate rental income.
The house is approached by a sweeping drive through your own woods. The area directly around the house has been used for gardening, and there is a large flat field which could be suitable for a swimming pool.
There is a patio and garden area directly in front of the house which has been fenced separately - the previously owners had a small dog to which they didn't want to give full run of the land.
The main entrance to the house is through a large room with big sliding doors on three sides: in summer, these can be opened to create an enticing shady semi-outdoor space. Past this, the main front door leads to an elegant hallway from which the other rooms open.
The fully-fitted kitchen benefits from an open fireplace.
There is a large living room, opening onto a balcony with sweeping views. Beyond this is another large room, which could be further living space or a third bedroom.
There are two further large bedrooms on this level, one opening onto the balcony, and a fully-fitted modern bathroom.
The lower level has various storerooms and workrooms, and a large separate apartment (space has been left in the upper apartment to put in internal stairs if desired). This apartment has a large sitting room with an angle kitchen, another room, also with its own door to the garden, which could be further living space or a bedroom, and two further bedrooms with a bathroom between them. This level currently has only a rudimentary kitchen, and requires painting and general finishing off.
There is a large garage and a separate building used as a storeroom in the grounds.
A small local agri-turismo restaurant is within walking distance of Villa Palmira. A short stroll across your own land takes you to the little local train station of Santo Padre - a few minutes later, you will be in the heart of Sora, within walking distance of all its shops and restaurants. Alternatively, a few minutes drive from the property takes you into the medieval hilltop town of Arpino, again with charming restaurants, bars/cafes, shops and all services needed for day-to-day living. Rome, Naples and their respective airports are only a 90 minutes drive.
Energy classification: G
ARPINO AND THE CIOCIARIA
Arpino and the neighbouring smaller town of Santo Padre are two of the medieval hilltop towns in the area of Italy called the Ciociaria, the name given to the fertile land that lies south of Rome but north of Naples, situated inland in the hills in the heart of Italy.
The Ciociaria region is within easy reach of both Rome and Naples and their respective airports. A day's shopping in Rome is a common pastime, while an even shorter drive brings you to the charming beaches south of Rome. Alternatively, drive east, and the mountains of the Abruzzo National Park await with horse trekking in the magnificent beech forests, and sparkling mountain lakes and rivers where you can swim in the heat of the summer. And at the other extreme of temperature, although Monte San Giovanni Campano itself is temperate, less than an hour's drive brings you to the winter ski slopes.
Often overlooked, both by tourists and by those foreigners in search of an Italian home, in favour of the more publicized regions of Tuscany and Umbria, the Ciociaria remains largely an unspoilt gem with beautiful scenery and medieval hilltop towns. A home or second home in the Ciociaria, in the hilltop towns of Monte San Giovanni Campano, Arpino, Veroli, Alatri or in the rolling countryside that surrounds them, will afford you a setting where over two thousand years of history combine with an idyllic rural Italian lifestyle, where you can still discover the 'real' Italy and take time out from the busy crowds of the larger tourist cities, while being less than ninety minutes journey from central Rome or either of Rome's two airports.
- Ciampino (INTERNATIONAL), 53.1 miles
- Capodochino (INTERNATIONAL), 63.8 miles
- Leonardo da Vinci (INTERNATIONAL), 71 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.