4 bedroom semi-detached house for sale
France - Boussac, Creuse, Limousin
like this property?Call: 03339 872250
- parquet flooring
- artist's studio
- mediaeval tower
- fruit trees
- main drainage
- private parking
- business potential ( tea room/ B and B)
- character property
- high speed internet
An entrance hall serves,on one side,spacious reception rooms and a dining roomwith 18th-century parquet flooring, fireplace and overmantel and on the other side the kitchen with wood-burning stove and beams, laundry room, WC, boiler room and cellar.
First floor: four bedrooms including a parental suite with its own bathroom (Victorian bath, Italian shower and WC). Second bathroom and WC, television room (adjoining one of the bedrooms) and office. Also a summer kitchen with access to the garden.
Second floor: bright artist's studio (with new insulation and skylight) and attic.
Garden secluded from the street with trees (including trained fruit trees) and flowering plants, entirely walled and with no overlooking views.
At the end of the garden is the tower of the mediaeval city ramparts.
George Sand, who stayed a number of times at Boussac, which was the setting for her novel Jeanne (1836) described the village as highly picturesque and its château as being"elegant and charming in its simplicity."
It was the château of Boussac which housed the famous tapestries of The Lady and the Unicorn which can be admired today at the Musée de Cluny in Paris.
Boussac is ideal for visiting localites famous for their local produce : it is situated within two and a half hours of the Burgundy vineyards, three hours of those of Bordeaux, two hours from areas famous for foie gras and truffles, two hours away from the cheese-producing areas of Auvergne and two hours from the Loire Valley.
Boussac, which lies on the touristic circuit known as the Route Richard Coeur de Lion (Richard the Lionheart),and the region of Aquitaine, have numerous historical links with English culture and have attracted a large number British residents who have established many local associations.
Boussac is 90 minutes from the airport of Limoges, with six return flights a week to London.
property taxes 1300 euros per year
estimated notaire fees 15,420 euros
FRENCH PROPERTY LAWYER
* Agency for the purchase and sale of real estate
* Recent changes in the professional conduct rules for French avocats allow members of the various Bars in France French to act as agents for the purchase and sale of real estate, under certain conditions.
* We are authorised to act as an agents for real estate transactions, both for the purchase and sale of real estate.
* We are active members of the AAMTI (Association des Avocats Mandataires en Transactions Immobilières - Association of Avocats Agents for Real Estate Transactions), which assists lawyers in providing these services within the appropriate legal framework ensuring compliance with the professional conduct rules governing avocats.
* Our commission will include all legal fees and will not be higher than the commission of an estate agent.
- Aulnat (INTERNATIONAL), 60.2 miles
- Limoges (INTERNATIONAL), 60.4 miles
- Poitiers (Biard) (INTERNATIONAL), 93 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.