5 bedroom country house for sale
France - Chevrières, Isère, Rhone Alps
like this property?Call: 03339 872273
- Quiet place in quaint surroundings, next neighbor at 400m. Property on shallow hill-side dominating the valley faces south, splendid view over the Vercors massif, next to vast Chambaran forest.
- All facilities (MDs, chemist, nurses, masseur, groceries, bakeries, supermarkets incl. organic, kindergarten, college, high school within 5-8 min. by car, Universities (Grenoble) at 35 min by train
- 8 min. to train station, 40 TERs run daily to Grenoble and Valence in 30min., where TGVs run to e.g. the Riviera, Paris, London (Eurostar),. 8 min. to access A49 freeway. 1 hr. to Lyon Airport
- Sun-powered pool (22-30°C, April- October). 15-20 min. to Nordic Ski resorts (Vercors) ,1-2 hrs to major Alp ski stations (e.g. Meije, Deux Alpes). A wealth of picturesque hiking and biking trails.
- Close to famed Côte du Rhône wine cellars (2.000 years wine tradition) and to world-renown gastronomic tables. 20Mb internet speed (up to 80Mb by 2020), 4G cell phone supply..
The property is located in Chevrières half way between Grenoble and Valence, between the Isère and Rhône valleys.
1.4 km from the center of Chattes, on a plot of 4000m2, closed and wooded (photo (P)1 taken from the south and P2 taken from the west), a large cathedral verandah is extended by two 2-storey wings (P3) in natural stone (280m2 living space). The property faces south, with breath-taking panoramic view over the touristic Vercors massif (French Prealps, e.g.4 Nordic ski resorts, picturesque caves 10 miles away).
Wing 1, P4 (central heating (fuel), tiled floor, "C" grade insulation, just repainted). Rez de chaussée: double living room (dining room P5, P6 and living room P7), large fully equipped kitchen (P 8) with access to a separate food storage room and kitchen utensil reserve room, bathroom (shower, WC) and service room (fuel central heating, sun (or electricity)-powered 400l warm water store, workshop). On the upper floor: large lobby giving on 3 comfortable bedrooms (one double), a large (56m2) family room (P9), bath room, separated toilet. A fireplace (wood) with insert on each floor (center P5 and P9).
Verandah (tiled floor, P10): 56m2, h. 6m), 4 sliding glass doors, bar. Suited for banquet, small meetings, children's playground, fitness space, home movie,
Wing 2, P3 right. R.de c. 25m2 room, repainted, intended for kitchen and dining room (water and electricity supply provided, almost finished); upper floor, 2 bedrooms, one with a separated rest-room (shower, WC). This wing is ideal for guests, friends, family...
Attic: 330m2 flat floor, massive poplar framework, roof ok.
Four outbuildings: garage and wood storage next to wing 1, pool house, garden utensils storage, germoire. Source (200l/day year-round) and concrete underground tank (30m3) for garden watering.
Vertical barbecue and bread oven (P11 right). Strict organic vegetable garden (flat, 350m2, lower parts of P1 and P2), greenhouse 18m2 (P1 left), orchard (kiwi, fig, pomegranate...)
Swimming pool P11 and P12, 4mx8m, natural stone beach, sliding roof, 1.5CV counter-current swimming equip., fully automated maintenance (pH control and regulation, UV sterilization and hydrogen peroxide (H2O2) pool remnant, no chlorine).
Movie of a visit on demand.
Access by dead-ended, city operated road (P1 right). St Marcellin train station 6 min. away. 40 TER (local trains) run daily to Grenoble (University) and Valence (30 min. both), to Valence TGV (25 min.), a major TGV (bullet train) knot to the Riviera, Lyon, Paris, Brittany, Strasbourg, Geneva, Stuttgart, Brussels, London (via Paris or Lille-Europe Eurostar).
It takes one hour by public transportation to the Lyon Inter'nal St Exupéry airport, 40 min. to the Grenoble-Alpes-Isère airport and 8 min. to access the A49 highway.
Very quiet, next neighbor at 400 yards, all shops, facilities, schools, medics... 3 min. away. Close to famed Côte du Rhône wine cellars (2.000 years wine tradition) and to world-renown gastronomic tables.
The property is both far from- and close to- all.
Price £350k (?395k), free upon sale.
- Satolas (INTERNATIONAL), 38.5 miles
*Distances are straight line measurements. This feature is currently in beta.