Court De Wyck, Claverham, BS49 4NF
- Open for TAILOR-MADE viewings by APPOINTMENT...
- Appointments available daily 11:00am to 5:00pm
- Large open plan kitchen/ sun lounge perfect for hosting family and friends
- Letting the outside in with French doors from the sun lounge to the garden
- Benefit from stamp duty savings!
- Spacious lounge with feature floor to ceiling window
- Garage and parking
- Ensuite and walk- in wardrobes to the principal bedroom
- A high specification home with exceptional attention to detail
- Generous tiling extent of Porcelanosa ceramic wall tiles to bathroom and ensuite
Newland Homes at Court De Wyck is a brand new development of 75 new homes in a unique historic setting in Claverham, North Somerset. Originally established in the 12th Century by the Bishops of Bath and Wells, Court de Wyck retains a majestic splendour as the backdrop to modern living.
Claverham is a small village in North Somerset, approximately half way between Bristol and Weston-super-Mare. This popular location strikes a perfect balance between countryside living and accessibility to the motorway for travel to Bristol and other areas.
New fits with old
Court de Wyck is set in 3 hectares of land in an area that already includes the local village hall and May Day field - both important local community facilities. Positioned within existing mature landscaping and benefiting from many retained trees there will be a secluded feel to this development set well back from the main road. Currently home to two Grade-II listed buildings, Court de Wyck Manor and the former chapel, the 75 new homes to sit alongside range from stylish 2, 3 and 4-bedroom properties in various configurations through to the unique Wyck barn.
Farming history, aerospace and new beginnings
Named after the clover fields that surround it, Claverham retains a rural heritage through farms, market gardens and local horticultural businesses but is now also home to many commuters. Village character comes from the fields, footpaths, stone walls and winding lanes, allowing easy access to the countryside, plus a variety of farm buildings and cottages.
In the recent past the Court de Wyck estate housed the Lickley Engineering Centre and work carried out here in the 1980s included design and development of aerospace flight controls for various aircraft including the Harrier jump jet.
The village is blessed by St Barnabas Church at the top of the High Street (not much more than a narrow lane today) and the Free Church in Claverham Road. However, these are both pre-dated by 12th century Court de Wyck. Once one of the most magnificent properties in the area, it was rebuilt in the early 1800s although the original 14th century chapel and tythe barn were left untouched. These historic buildings, sympathetically considered for the future, form part of the next era for the village alongside distinctive contemporary homes bringing new life to Claverham for many years to come.
There's a local newsagent/local store and a takeaway food shop but most of the other closest local amenities are in nearby Yatton including a large Co-op supermarket and a number of other shops, takeaways, coffee shops and restaurants, mostly centered around Pages Court Shopping Centre. Larger supermarkets, shopping centres and out of town stores can found a little further afield at either Clevedon or Westonsuper-Mare unless you want to venture to Bristol or Bath.
Education on your doorstep
For families, Claverham is fortunate to benefit from an excellent local Primary school - Court-De-Wyck Church School, Ofsted rated 'Good' - located directly opposite the entrance to the development and there are at least half a dozen other Primaries within 3 miles including 'Outstanding' Wrington Church of England Primary School. For Secondary education, nearest options are Backwell, Nailsea and Ravenswood Schools, all rated 'Good', while Churchill Academy & Sixth Form, just 5 miles south, is rated 'Outstanding'. There are also many other education options towards Weston-super-Mare and of course in Bristol as well.
Sport and outdoor activities
There are no shortage of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors from a base at Claverham. The spectacular Mendip Hills are just a few miles south, including Blagdon and Chew Valley lakes offering all sorts of outdoor pursuits. Meanwhile, closer to home, Cadbury Hill Local Nature Reserve and hill fort affords great views and is a perfect spot for dog walking. For more organised and competitive sports you'll find a tennis club in Cleeve, cricket clubs in Cleeve and Claverham plus a bowling club in Yatton as well as several golf clubs within a 20-minute drive.
For more luxury you can visit 'theclubandspa' at Cadbury House Hotel less than 5 minutes down the road and make use of pool, sauna, steam room as well as a state-of-the-art 'Technogym'. However, for a more invigorating outdoor swim, you can always brave the sea at Weston-super-Mare or else simply stroll along the sands waiting for the tide to come in. Alternatively visit Portishead marina or the splendid Clevedon Pier for further opportunities to enjoy the sea air.
Travelling from Claverham
Conveniently located just off the A370, Court de Wyck is within easy reach of Weston Super Mare and Bristol with the M5 (via Junction 21 - St Georges) allowing direct access to the national motorway network.
Yatton has a mainline commuter rail service so you can be at Bristol Temple Meads in less than 20 minutes and then it's just 95 minutes into London Paddington. In addition, Bristol International airport at Lulsgate is just 5 miles east should you want to travel further afield.
- A selection of 2, 3 and 4 bedroom homes
- High end specification with integrated appliances
- Sustainably built homes
- Nestled within a green haven
Court De Wyck, Claverham, BS49 4NF
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Yatton Station1.4 miles
- Nailsea & Backwell Station2.7 miles
About the development
TAILOR-MADE viewings by APPOINTMENT
- Appointments available daily 11:00am to 5:00pm
- We're open and following government guidelines on social distancing to keep everyone safe
- Enviable High Specification Homes
- Benefit from the government's Stamp Duty holiday!
- Newland at Court de Wyck is located in the village of Claverham, North Somerset
- Newland at Court de Wyck is an exclusively open market development
Newland Homes has built a solid reputation for developing quality homes and enhancing local communities. Never standing still, we constantly push the boundaries of residential development through an innovative approach to location, design, construction and environmental sustainability.
We specialise in medium to large-scale developments of apartments, townhouses and executive homes.
They provide desirable living space, attractive open areas and amenities that build communities.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference The_Hampton. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Newland Homes Ltd. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.