Balfour Road, BN1
- A deceptively spacious semi detached double fronted period home
- With the generous accommodation (approx 218m2) arranged of 3 floors
- Situated in this highly sought after residential area within a short distance of the popular Balfour/Dorothy Stringer/Varndean schools campus
- Local shopping facilities are available in Preston Drove, Preston Village and at Fiveways
- Preston Park mainline station is within a few minutes walk providing a commuter service to Gatwick and Londo
- Both Preston Park and Blakers Park are within easy reach providing their recreational facilities
- The property has retained many period features including sash windows, fireplaces and ceiling covings
- Comprises on the ground floor: entrance vestibule, hall, double aspect lounge (25'0" x 11'10"), study/3rd reception room, kitchen/family room (25'0" x 11'10"), utility room/cloakroom
- On the upper floors there are 5 bedrooms (one with en suite) family bathroom and second shower room
- Outside the property is set up and back from the road and has a small garden to the side and rear with a useful rear access
Situated in this highly sought after residential area within a short distance of the popular Balfour/Dorothy Stringer/Varndean schools campus. Local shopping facilities are available in Preston Drove, Preston Village and at Fiveways. Both Preston Park and Blakers Park are within easy reach providing their recreational facilities, and local bus services are close to hand providing easy access to Brighton city centre and seafront.
All measurements are approximate.
With dad rail. Coved ceiling. Timber and glazed doors leading to
With tiled floor. Radiator. Cloaks area beneath the stairs. Recessed ceiling lighting. Coved ceiling .Timber sash window overlooking the garden.
7.640 x 3.627 (25'0" x 11'10")
Enjoying a double aspect with a timber double glazed sash square bay window and timber sash windows over looking the rear garden. Timber floor. 2 radiators. Coved ceiling and centre cornice. Door to:
Study/3rd Reception Room
6.122 x 4.161 (20'1" x 13'7")
Slightly irregular shape with timber sash windows to the front, double glazed windows to the rear and timber glazed doors leading to the side garden, Timber floor. Radiator. Fitted shelving.
7.640 x 3.616 (25'0" x 11'10")
With a square with timber double glazed sash windows. Fire surround and fitted log burner. Coved ceiling and centre cornice. Radiator. Timber flooring.
With an attractive white high gloss units with contrasting work surfaces comprising a stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and cupboard beneath. Additional matching floor and eye level cupboards and work surfaces incorporating a Neff 5 ring gas hob with canopied extractor hood over. Neff double oven. Integrated dishwasher. Recessed ceiling lighting. Timber flooring. Timber sash window to the rear. Door leading to:
4.204 x 1.904 (13'9" x 6'2")
With a stainless steel sink unit with mixer tap and cupboard beneath. Additional range of units and work surfaces with space under work surfaces for 2 appliances. Space for fridge/freezer.Recessed ceiling lighting. Tiled floor . Contemporary wall mounted radiator. Double cupboard housing gas fired boiler and water tank. Door to garden.
With a low level wc. Wash hand basin. Radiator. Tiled floor. Recessed ceiling lighting. Sash window.
With a timber sash window over looking the rear garden. Central heating thermostat.
7.628 x 3.293 (25'0" x 10'9")
With a timber double sash square bay window to the front. Period Fireplace. Timber flooring. Screen to a dressing Area with with timber sash window to the rear. Radiator.
En suite Shower Room
2.264 x 1.656 (7'5" x 5'5")
With walk in shower with glass screen, thermostatic shower and tiled walls. Wall mounted wash basin with mixer tap. Wc with concealed cistern. Radaitro. Timber flooring. Timber double glazed sash window to the front.
6.099 x 3.108 (20'0" x 10'2")
With a double glazed timber sash window to the front and ta timber sash window to the rear. Timber flooring. Radiator.
4.133 x 3.355 (13'6" x 11'0")
With a double glazed timber sash square bay window . Radiator.
3.303 x 2.256 (10'10" x 7'4")
With a frees standing roll top bath with mixer tap and hand shower attachment. Pedestal wash hand basin. low level wc. radiator. Timber flooring. Timber sash window to the rear.
With double glazed window to the rear.
5.738 x 3.400 (18'9" x 11'1")
With twin Velux to the front and double glazed doors to the rear with Juliet balcony. Radiator. Eaves storage. Recessed ceiling lighting. Timber flooring.
5.738 x 2.798 (18'9" x 9'2")
With twin Velux to the front and double glazed doors to the rear with Juliet balcony. Radiator. Eaves storage. Recessed ceiling lighting. Timber flooring. Built in cupboard with hanging and shelving.
With a suite comprising a corner shower with sliding door and thermostatic shower. Wash hand basin with mixer tap. Wc with concealed cistern. Part tiled walls. Tiled floor. Recessed ceiling lighting. Velux window to the front.
Formal frotn garden setting the property back from the road
Rear and Side Garden
Being mainly decked to the rear with angled shed and useful rear access. The side garden enjoys a southerly aspect being screened with bamboo.
EPC INFORMATION Full Energy Performance Certificate available on request
APPLIANCES AND SERVICES: The appliances and services mentioned have not been tested therefore we are unable to verify that they are in working order. The buyer is advised to obtain verification from their solicitor or surveyor.
TENURE: We understand from our client that the property is Freehold.
THINKING OF SELLING? For a Free Current Market Appraisal contact either David Whittle or David Coleby or email: VIEWING: Strictly by appointment only through David & Co 132a Preston Drove, Brighton, East Sussex, BN1 6FJ. Tel: .
Balfour Road, BN1
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Preston Park Station0.5 miles
- London Road (Brighton) Station0.6 miles
- Moulsecoomb Station1.1 miles
About the agent
- David & Co are one of the leading Independent Estate Agents at Fiveways, Brighton offering a wealth of experience in residential sales. The office covers Fiveways, Preston Park, Surrenden, Varndean, Withdean, Hollingdean, Hollingbury, Patcham, Roundhill and Preston Circus areas and specialises in selling all styles of property from flats to large family houses.
You can rest assured that instructing David & Co to sell your home is the
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Disclaimer - Property reference 14476057. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by David & Co, Brighton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.