Church Road, Abbots Leigh
- Detached country cottage
- 3 principal bedrooms
- 2 Receptions
- Potential for ground floor bedroom
- Kitchen dining room
- 3 bath/shower rooms
- 2 Parking spaces
- Highly prized location
- Yards to the pub and walks from the doorstep
- English cottage garden
Beautifully renovated, has interest and character, well-proportioned light and airy rooms with a very civilised and comfortable atmosphere, flexible and adaptable - although totally integrated the east wing of the cottage can be independently accessed and occupied thus suitable for guest rooms, working from home, a teenager's retreat or accommodating a close relative etc. Big enough for a family but not too big for others. An exceptional property.
Location: in a coveted premier road at the heart of a friendly & much sought after village with a strong sense of community & a peaceful rural ambience, away from the city rush but not isolated or remote. Lovely children's park at the end of the road & the local village pub a short walk away. Clifton Village & Bristol city centre are within approx 2 and 3 miles respectively. M5 motorway junction 19 is within 3 miles. Bristol International Airport is within easy reach.
Ground Floor: entrance hallway, reception 1, reception 2, garden room, utility/shower room, and 22ft x 14ft kitchen/diner.
First Floor: landing, bedroom 1 with en suite shower room/wc, bedroom 2, bedroom 3 and bathroom/wc.
Outside: off street parking for two, cottage garden (approx 126ft x 26ft), kitchen garden (approx 80ft x 16ft).
from Church Road into the track fronting the property parking spaces just inside high wall on the right.
doors leading to reception 1, reception 2, double glazed window to the rear, radiator, meter cupboard above.
15' 8'' x 15' 1'' (4.77m x 4.59m)
2 double glazed windows to the rear and double glazed window to the front, radiator, wall light points, built in dresser style unit, door leading to:
8' 11'' x 7' 4'' (2.72m x 2.23m)
double glazed window to the side, double glazed French doors leading to the rear terrace, radiator, ceiling downlighters, door leading to utility/shower room.
comprises shower cubicle, low level wc, inset single drainer sink unit with mixer tap, tiled splashbacks, plumbing for washing machine, space for tumble dryer, space for freezer. Free standing Worcester oil central heating boiler.
15' 5'' x 14' 3'' (4.70m x 4.34m)
2 double glazed windows to the rear plus double glazed window to the front, inset open grate seated on a tiled hearth, radiator, wall light points, bespoke fitted bookshelf unit to the alcove, door leading to the kitchen/diner.
22' 0'' x 14' 6'' (6.70m x 4.42m)
fitted with a range of wall and base units in a contemporary finish with a roll edged granite work surface, inset 1½ bowl sink unit complete with mixer taps, integrated fridge/freezer and dishwasher, electric range cooker with overhead extractor and Dedietrich hob, ceramic tiled floor, glass splashback, double glazed windows to both the front and rear, double glazed door to the front, 4 skylight windows, ceiling downlighters, wall light points, underfloor heating.
access to all rooms on this floor, double glazed window to the rear, 2 double glazed skylight windows, exposed beams, radiator.
15' 4'' x 9' 7'' (4.67m x 2.92m)
double glazed windows to the front and side, double glazed Velux window to the side, radiator, range of fitted wardrobes, bedside cabinets and chest of drawers, access to loft, downlighters, door leading to:
En Suite Shower/wc:
comprising shower cubicle, vanity wash hand basin with Roca tap, low level wc, double glazed skylight window to the front, heated towel rail and downlighters.
15' 5'' x 11' 9'' (4.70m x 3.58m)
double glazed window to front and double glazed French doors to balcony, range of floor to ceiling fitted wardrobes, ceiling downlighters, radiator.
glass surround with panoramic views.
11' 9'' x 8' 11'' (3.58m x 2.72m)
double glazed window to the front, ceiling downlighters, radiator.
double glazed window to the front, suite comprising panelled bath with mixer taps, vanity wash hand basin, low level wc and separate shower cubicle, ceiling downlighters, tiled splashback, heated towel rail.
ample space for two cars located adjacent to the cottage garden near the access onto Church Road.
126' 0'' long x 26' 0'' wide (38.38m x 7.92m)
a lovely pretty garden enclosed by fencing and mellow stone and brick boundary walls, mature extensive lawned and gravelled areas including pergolas and seating areas with well stocked planting beds and borders, abundant flowering plants/shrubs/bushes and specimen ornamental trees including fruit varieties, vegetable section, greenhouse, small timber shed.
over approx 80' 0'' in length (24.37m)
(over approx 80ft in length it narrows in width from 16ft by the small deck and steps near kitchen door to 11ft, thereafter tapering to an apex a little further on) (24.38m x 4.88m /3.35m) fenced and paved back yard with separate gated access to track, lawn, border area, enclosed compound for gas cylinders and oil tank, boundary wall and fencing, two garden sheds, shrubs and bushes with specimen and mature trees including silver birch and holly, sink and tap outside kitchen door.
VIEWING & FURTHER INFORMATION:
available exclusively through the sole agents, Richard Harding Estate Agents, tel: .
FIXTURES & FITTINGS:
only items mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. Any other items such as carpets etc. are not included but may be available by separate arrangement.
it is understood that the property is freehold. This information should be checked by your legal adviser.
1. As from the 1st April 2018 there will be a requirement for any properties rented out in the private rented sector to normally have a minimum energy performance rating of E on an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC). The regulations will come into force for new lets and renewals of tenancies with effect from 1st April 2018 and for all existing tenancies on 1st April 2020. It will be unlawful to rent a property which breaches the requirement for a minimum E rating, unless there is an applicable exemption [eg the building is Listed]. The energy performance rating of a property can be upgraded on completion of certain energy efficiency improvements.
2. The photographs may have been taken using a wide angle lens.
3. Any services, heating systems, appliances or installations referred to in these particulars have not been tested and no warranty can be given that these are in working order. Whilst we believe these particulars to be correct we would be pleased to check any...
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Church Road, Abbots Leigh
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Sea Mills Station1.3 miles
- Shirehampton Station1.8 miles
- Clifton Down Station2.1 miles
About the agent
Richard Harding, Bristol Estate Agents - an experienced and professional independent family business...
...dedicated to getting the very best results for our clients and successfully selling residential property of all kinds in all price ranges including many of the finest homes in and around Bristol. We are known especially for handling a wide range of interesting, special and attractive properties with a good selection of high quality family houses and flats.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 8085478. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Richard Harding, Bristol. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.