Silverburn Farm, Whiting Bay
- Large detached cottage villa, Whiting Bay
- Stunning elevated location
- Sea views
- Five bedrooms
- Extensive, well maintained gardens with stables and a paddock
- Excellent potential for letting or a large family home
- Close to village amenities
The property could be sub-divided into two dwellings via simple closure of an open archway with each having independent services and facilities, thus offering purchasers the flexibility of having it as one large home or two comfortable homes.
The main door into this home takes you into an entrance hall, with area for cloaks, which is floored with practical ceramic tiles. Off this hallway is a shower room with fully tiled double shower enclosure, wash hand basin and period w.c. with a high-level cistern.
At the end of this hall is the integral garage which houses the boiler, the hot water tank and is plumbed for a washing machine. This large room is fully serviced with power and light and offers huge potential as a home office / workshop.
Also off the entrance hall is the kitchen/breakfasting room. This bright and well proportioned room has some charming decorative features including exposed timber beams, with the essential clothes pulley, wooden floor and magnificent sea views. The kitchen has ample light oak wall and base units with complementary worktop.
From the kitchen, a hallway leads to the first of two stairways to the upper floor, this route leads to three bedrooms, one of which has a most attractive cathedral style ceiling and enjoys the panoramic views. Also on this floor is a family bathroom, with a claw footed roll top bath, large pedestal wash hand basin, toilet and fully tiled double shower enclosure with a powerful shower. A further double bedroom has a link door through to the third bedroom/dressing room.
A charming archway, from kitchen rear hall, leads to the open plan lounge and dining area, separated by an open slatted staircase. This second route brings you up to bedrooms four and five, both of which benefit from the wonderful views across the Clyde and beyond.
The lounge dining area is a comfortable room with exposed timber beams and for cosy evenings in by the Jotul cast iron wood burning stove.
From the lounge there is access into secondary kitchen, a cosy snug/tv room/office and bathroom.
This home is absolutely brimming with original features and tasteful details and, as mentioned, Silverburn Farm could be sub-divided into two dwellings, thus offering purchasers the flexibility of having a secondary income if desired.
Silverburn Farm, Whiting Bay
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ardrossan Harbour Station15.0 miles
About the agent
Arran Estate Agents is the longest established estate agent on the Isle of Arran and has been owned and run by Bob Brass since 1990.
Bob and his staff have built up a successful business and take pride in their professional reputation whilst never forgetting that a personal service is very important to their clients. Bob is a retired chartered surveyor and has a wealth of experience of the Arran property market, accumulated over many years.
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference ARR1AEA1851. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Arran Estate Agents, Arran. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.