Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2
- Kitchen with glazed dining area
- Exceptional drawing room with tall ornate ceiling
- Sitting room with Orangery beyond
- Garden room with bi-fold doors
- Gated drive and attractive gardens
- EPC Rating = D
Old Mill House is a well-proportioned Victorian property constructed with painted white brick elevations beneath a slate tiled roof.
The property which holds a prominent position within Cambridge can be seen in greater detail in the attached floorplan and is attractively presented throughout.
The house is entered through a panelled and glazed front door which leads into an exceptional hall way with an open fireplace and limestone flooring. To the left of the hall is a truly exceptional drawing room with rarely found proportions with a tall ornate ceiling, moulded cornicing and a wide bay window with shutters.
To the right is a lovely sitting room, formerly two rooms with two impressive stone fireplaces and stripped wooden floors with an orangery beyond which has the benefit of under floor heating.
At the rear of the house beyond the drawing room is the kitchen/breakfast family room, a wonderful open space, perfect for informal entertaining with extensive wall and floor mounted cabinetry, a large central granite island and space for a large range oven. This space extends into a tall, mainly glazed dining area with wide glazed lantern and window seat. Further natural light is provided by south facing double doors which lead into the internal courtyard.
There is a further study, boot room, large laundry room, cloakroom with a shower and a garden room.
Upstairs there are six double bedrooms. The master currently has a contemporary en suite shower room with ‘oversized’ shower cubicle and twin basins. This bedroom suite uses the adjacent connecting bedroom as a large dressing room but could easily be an additional bedroom if required. There is an en suite shower room to bedroom two and a walk-in dressing area along with three further bedrooms (one currently used as a study/library) and a family bathroom.
In the cellar is a good games room with a separate comms room.
The Old Mill House is accessed via tall automated wrought iron gates in to a shingled driveway with raised planting area to the side and parking beyond. The gardens are mainly walled and laid mostly to lawn with a wide paved terrace and extensive BBQ/entertaining terrace. There is also additional parking with two open bay cart lodges within the neighbouring property The Orangery and access from here in to Old Mill House.
• Old Mill House is situated approximately 1.25 miles south of the historical city centre, on the corner of Long Road and Trumpington Road, close to Addenbrookes Hospital and biomedical campus.
• Cambridge city benefits from an excellent range of shopping facilities including a busy daily market, the Grand Arcade shopping mall along with a number of High Street and independent shopping outlets. There are extensive cultural, educational and recreational amenities including numerous museums, Cambridge library and the Cambridge Colleges - 31 in all, are available in the city along with public open spaces at Coe Fen, Grantchester Meadows and Lammas Land running along the river Cam.
• There are well regarded independent schools for all age groups in the immediate vicinity including The Perse, St Faith’s, The Stephen Perse and St Mary’s Schools along with Hills Road and Long Road Sixth Form Colleges.
• Addenbrookes hospital and Cambridge railway station are approximately 1 and 1 3/4 miles respectively - the latter has mainline rail services to London from around 45 minutes, the M11 at nearby junction 11 heads south towards London passing Stansted Airport with convenient access for international air travel.
(all distances and times are approximate).
Square Footage: 5,416 sq ft
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Trumpington Road, Cambridge, CB2
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Cambridge Station1.3 miles
- Shelford Station2.4 miles
- Cambridge North3.5 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAS200364. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cambridge. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.