Tismans Common, Rudgwick, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12
- Reception hall and second galleried hall
- 5 Reception rooms
- Conservatory and Orangery with Wine cellar
- Clive Christian fitted Kitchen/breakfast room
- Vaulted principal bedroom suite with dressing room
- 5 further bedrooms and 4 bath/shower rooms
- 2 cloakrooms and laundry room
- Tennis pavilion and Tennis court
- Garaging and extensive machinery and general stores
- Stunning landscaped gardens and grounds
Throughout the property meticulous attention has been paid to design, layout and fittings creating both formal and informal areas for family and entertaining purposes. At the heart of the house is the Clive Christian fitted kitchen with a comprehensive range of high quality appliances. A suite of 7 reception rooms extend across the ground floor including a superb orangery with spiral wine cellar and full width bi-fold doors opening onto the terraces. All principal rooms overlook the landscaped gardens, the majority with a south/south westerly aspect.
Two staircases rise to the first floor which provides the principal suite with vaulted bedroom, balcony, bath/shower room and fitted dressing room, 4 further double bedrooms and 3 bath/shower rooms and there is an additional bedroom suite above, on the second floor with ensuite bathroom.
The property is entered through electric gates which open onto an extensive forecourt with a central magnolia. Set to one side is an excellent range of outbuildings including an impressive oak framed brick garage, and machinery store. In the adjacent courtyard there is a further range of storage outbuildings.
The gardens and grounds have been extensively landscaped, retaining and enhancing many fine mature trees and creating sweeping lawns on different levels, numerous shrub and herbaceous borders, lavender bordered walkways and a stunning water feature comprising 2 interconnecting ponds.
Extending the full length of the house are south facing terraces, designed to create separate dining and seating areas and incorporating many facilities for outside entertaining.
Overlooking the tennis court is ‘The Club House’, an attractive detached outbuilding with veranda, kitchen, bar, wet-room, and underfloor heating, providing excellent entertaining and relaxation facilities. To one side is a terrace with a vine clad pergola. Kitchen garden with raised beds and a greenhouse.
In all about 2.3 acres (0.93 ha).
Saxes Plat is situated in a favoured rural setting between the villages of Loxwood and Rudgwick, close to the Surrey/West Sussex border. Both villages provide excellent local amenities whilst within easy reach are the larger towns and villages of Cranleigh, Horsham and Guildford. In the area there is an excellent selection of schools including Pennthorpe, Farlington and Cranleigh as well as a wide range of recreational, leisure and sporting facilities.
Mains water and electricity, private drainage, oil fired underfloor central heating.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Tismans Common, Rudgwick, Horsham, West Sussex, RH12
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Billingshurst Station4.9 miles
- Christ's Hospital Station5.4 miles
About the agent
With over 150 years experience in selling and letting property, Hamptons has a network of over 90 branches across the country and internationally, marketing a huge variety of properties from compact flats to grand country estates. We're national estate agents, with local offices. We know our local areas as well as any local agent. But our network means we can market your property to a much greater number of the right sort of buyers or tenants.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference HOC170016. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hamptons Sales, Horsham. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.