Lower Friargate, York
- Well-presented period townhouse set within the heart of York
- Open plan ground floor reception area
- Modern high gloss kitchen
- Two first floor bedrooms and a house bathroom
- Second floor loft bedroom
- Walled rear courtyard
- On street permit parking
Lower Friargate is located off Clifford Street in the very heart of York, easy walking distance to all that the City has to offer. The property would benefit from a small amount of updating and refurbishment which allows a buyer to put their own stamp on this period townhouse.
The property is entered via a uPVC front door into an entrance hall with door leading off to the ground floor accommodation. Wood effect laminate flooring runs through the hallway into the living and dining room which has been opened out into one large dual aspect room allowing a large amount of natural light to flood in. The room also benefits from a feature cast iron fireplace with marble surround, and a range of built in shelving units.
The kitchen is situated at the rear of the property, stepped down from the rest of the ground floor accommodation and benefits from tiled flooring, a range of floor and wall mounted units, electric cooker and hob, space for under-counter fridge and washer. A door out to the rear courtyard can found off the kitchen.
To the first floor is a large double bedroom with built in storage cupboard and a feature period fireplace. A second smaller double and a house bathroom in need of updating complete the first floor accommodation.
Situated on the second floor is further large double room with Dormer and Velux windows allowing a large amount of natural light to flood in. The loft room also benefits from useful eaves storage.
To the outside the property benefits from a small rear courtyard and on-street permit parking. Crucially the property is being offered for sale with no onward chain.
Services: Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage
EPC: 64 (D)
Council Tax: City of York – Band D
Viewings: Strictly via the selling agent
BrochuresBrochureLower Friargate, York
Lower Friargate, York
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- York Station0.5 miles
- Poppleton Station3.0 miles
About the agent
We are proud to be North Yorkshire's largest independent estate agent. Established in 1871, our knowledge and experience of the local land and property market remains unrivalled in the 21st century. We combine the traditional values of honesty, trustworthiness and unmatched customer service with a dynamic, progressive and flexible approach to modern day market conditions.
We provide a friendly and approachable service, and aim to work in partners
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 29760411. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Stephensons, York. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.