Markyate Cell, St. Albans
- Elizabethan Grade II* manor house
- Nine bedrooms & five bathrooms
- 85 Acres
- Over 12,000 sq ft of accomodation
- Double garage
- Woodlands and orchard
- 2 x Two bedroom gate house cottages
- South-West facing formal gardens
- Period features throughout
- self-contained two-bedroom cottage and a one-bedroom staff apartment
Dating back to the early 12th century, the main house of Markyate Cell offers in the region 12,000 Sq ft. Unquestionably one of the finest and most lavish abodes in the county, the staggering property has been meticulously enhanced by the current owners who have embraced the elegant and nuanced décor of a traditional home.
Through the picturesque and meandering tree lined driveway you approach the property in all its magnificent grandeur. Notably, the three rounded lead covered turrets, crenelated gable end brick work and ornate moulded stonework. Sitting prominently in an elevated central location within the grounds the resplendent home offers a range of fine, well-proportioned reception rooms, nine bedrooms and five bathrooms. Ornate moulded ceilings with cornices, a stunning Jacobean staircase, wood panelling, Tudor fireplaces and stone arch doorways further showcases the architectural character.
Externally, the formal South-West facing gardens comprises of a patio and landscaped lawn area with stone steps leading to two separate elevated walled gardens. The double garage and separate bike store are situated to the East side of the main residence. Furthermore, a self-contained two-bedroom cottage, a one-bedroom staff apartment and a two-bedroom original gate keepers’ cottage are part of the estate.
St Albans 10miles; Harpenden 7miles; M1 (Jct9) 3miles; M25 (Jct21) 10miles; Central London 32miles; Beechwood Park Independent School 1.9mile; Berkhamsted Independent School 9miles; St Columba's Independent College 10miles; Aldwickbury Independent School 8miles; Whipsnade (ZSL) Zoo 3miles;
BrochuresMarkyate Cell brochure.pdf
Markyate Cell, St. Albans
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Luton Station3.4 miles
- Luton Parkway Station3.5 miles
- Leagrave Station4.2 miles
About the agent
Welcome to Fine & Country St Albans, we offer luxury properties for sale and to rent within the County of Hertfordshire. Our very specialist regional knowledge of this specific market ensures that you receive the very best service, whether you are buying or selling a property in Hertfordshire or surrounding regions.
Our local knowledge of Hertfordshire and more specifically the luxury property market within the St Albans region enables us to deliver the best results possible.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30483973. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Fine & Country, St Albans. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.