London Road, Balcombe
- Versatile accommodation spanning three floors (2,169 sq.ft).
- Impressive Drawing Room with bay window and open fireplace. Central Sitting Room with open fireplace.
- Bespoke country-style Kitchen opening to Dining Room/Family Room.
- Cloakroom/WC. Separate Utility Room. Useable 13'1 x 6' Cellar.
- 5 well-proportioned bedrooms including Master Bedroom with bay window enjoying elevated views of Balcombe valley.
- Luxury Family Bathroom and separate 2nd floor Shower Room. First floor Study Area.
- Gas-fired central heating/part double glazing.
- Landscaped south-easterly rear garden offering a high degree of privacy and seclusion with additional productive growing area.
- Private shingle driveway providing off road parking for 4/5 vehicles.
- EPC Rating: D. Council Tax Band: E.
A truly IMPRESSIVE, unique, HIGH QUALITY, 5-BEDROOM semi-detached PERIOD HOME occupying a generous size plot and having been MUCH IMPROVED by the present owners who have happily resided in the property for the past 20 years. Built in 1898, this attractive property stands in a slightly ELEVATED POSITION and offers GENEROUS ROOM SIZES, as well as a VERSATILE LAYOUT to ground, first and 2nd floor levels, making it an ideal purchase for larger families or anyone wishing to work from home. EXTENDED IN 2001 with FURTHER ALTERATIONS in 2015, this delightful family home is offered for sale in fine order throughout.
The well-arranged and flexible living accommodation briefly comprises: an ENTRANCE PORCH, large RECEPTION HALL with access to CELLAR and CLOAKROOM. An impressive DRAWING ROOM with bay window and open fireplace. Double doors lead through to a beautiful SITTING ROOM, again with open fireplace, stepping up into a lovely open and light country-style KITCHEN fitted with an extensive range of matching bespoke cupboards, drawers and wall units. Ample space for a large American-style fridge freezer ‘Butler’ style sink with adjoining granite and wooden work surfaces, limestone flooring with part underfloor heating. Double doors to garden whilst also leading through into a superb FAMILY/DINING AREA with further wall-to-wall bespoke cupboards and high, part-glazed vaulted ceiling. Further double doors to front. There is also a separate well-appointed UTILITY ROOM with secondary sink, built-in oven, space and plumbing for appliances and further fitted cupboard.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING provides access to useful STUDY AREA, MASTER BEDROOM with bay window enjoying elevated countryside views. TWO FURTHER BEDROOMS and luxury FAMILY BATHROOM including freestanding bath with separate shower cubical. Stairs from first floor landing rise to 2nd FLOOR with TWO FURTHER WELL-PROPORTIONED BEDROOMS and SEPARATE SHOWER ROOM.
OUTSIDE: The property is approached via a long shingle PRIVATE DRIVEWAY providing AMPLE and SECURE PARKING for approximately 4/5 VEHICLES with security lighting.
FRONT AREA OF GARDEN with raised planter beds and retaining sleepers, high hedging to front boundary and miniature box hedging with pathway leading to porch and front door.
The impressive south-easterly REAR GARDEN is a particular feature of the property having been beautifully landscaped with LARGE PATIO AREA adjoining the rear of the house and offering ample space for alfresco dining and entertaining. There are several well-established specimen trees with the remainder being predominantly laid to lawn with plant borders and beds. Timber GARDEN SHED/STORE. VEGETABLE PLOT/ GARDEN. All fully enclosed enjoying a sunny easterly aspect. High degree of privacy and seclusion.
LOCATION: Occupying a pleasant, elevated position within a highly sought-after residential road in Balcombe village. The village centre is close at hand where there is a selection of shops including a general store, public house, tea rooms, church, various sports clubs and social groups
including The Village Club.
The property is also within just a few minutes’ walk of Balcombe mainline station providing swift access to London/south coast.
The larger towns of Haywards Heath (5.5 miles), Crawley (6.6 miles distant) and Horsham (11 miles distant) have more comprehensive shopping facilities and amenities.
The property is also conveniently situated for the A/M23 which provides access to London, Gatwick Airport and the south coast.
BrochuresProperty BrochureFull Details
Energy Performance CertificatesEnergy Perform...
London Road, Balcombe
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Balcombe Station0.3 miles
- Haywards Heath Station4.0 miles
- Three Bridges Station4.1 miles
About the agent
Why so many people trust Mansell McTaggart to sell their property
bigger is better
With 17 offices across Sussex and into Surrey, we're the biggest independent agent in our area.
This means we have lots of experience to draw on, so you can be sure we know our stuff when it comes to talking about your property’s likely value.
It also means that we'll have lots of buyers registered, and so will be very likely to find a buyer for you in good time.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 10843685. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Mansell McTaggart, Cuckfield. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.