Firgrove Road, Cross in Hand
- Semi-rural fringes of Cross-in-Hand village
- Delightful countryside views
- Detached unlisted house
- Period features
- Double garage and outbuildings
- Stable block and paddocks
- In all about 19.7 acres
- Mainline stations within 8 miles
**Guide Price £1,000,000 - £1,100,000**
An attractive, detached house of appealing character (unlisted) with separate double garage and range of outbuildings, together with mature gardens and paddocks, situated in a semi-rural position with stunning countryside views, on the fringes of Cross In Hand. EPC D
In all about 19.73 acres.
Little Woodbine Farm is an attractive, detached, five-bedroom house, the elevations being part brick, tile hung and part weather-boarded beneath a tiled roof.
There are period features evident throughout the house including an inglenook fireplace, exposed timbers and wooden latched doors. Double glazed windows throughout and gas fired central heating.
The main features of the property include:
• Entrance lobby with a window to one side and cloakroom, partly tiled and fitted with a white suite.
• Glazed door into the dining hall which is double aspect, with good ceiling heights and a wonderful inglenook fireplace with wood burner positioned on a brick hearth. Stairs lead up to the first floor.
• Door to the office/study with built-in cupboard and attractive feature fireplace. Window to the front.
• Off the dining hall is a triple aspect sitting room with French doors leading directly out to the garden. Exposed ceiling beams and fireplace with stone surround, hearth and wood burner.
• The kitchen/breakfast room is ‘L’ shaped and fitted with a range of Shaker-style wall and base units complemented with a granite worktop. Space for dishwasher and fridge. Two ceramic sinks. Integrated Bosch oven and Neff gas hob. Gas-fired Aga. Ample space for table and chairs. Door leading out to the rear terrace and gardens. Access to the cellar.
• On the first floor, the master bedroom benefits from stunning countryside views together with an en suite shower room fitted with white suite comprising shower cubicle, WC and handwash basin.
• Bedroom 3 also enjoys the distance countryside views and benefits from a small dressing area, with fitted wardrobe/cupboards, leading through into an en suite bathroom fitted with bath, WC, basin and wall-mounted Aqualisa shower.
• Three further bedrooms are positioned to the front of the house.
• The family bathroom is fully tiled with a laminate floor and fitted with a white suite comprising WC, bath with overhead shower, and basin with gloss vanity unit beneath.
The house has two separate gated entrances, both leading to parking areas, with one adjacent to the double garage (with room above) and ample parking and turning. There is a paved terrace to the rear of the property with central steps down to the terraced lawns.
The mature gardens are predominantly laid to lawn with well-planted flower beds, established trees and shrubs, together with close-boarded and stock fencing and mixed hedging to the boundaries.
There is a useful shed and further outbuilding and established vegetable beds and chicken run. From the rear of the house, there are delightful long countryside views. In all about 0.62 acres.
Gated access to a good-sized modern barn (37’ x 17’) and a stable block (both with power connected) with hard-standing positioned adjacent to three interconnecting paddocks of about 19.11 acres. Water available in all paddocks.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Firgrove Road, Cross in Hand
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Buxted Station4.0 miles
About the agent
At Batcheller Monkhouse, we specialise in marketing properties in the South East on a local, regional and national scale. Our experienced Partner-led teams ensure a wealth of local knowledge is available to champion your property, promote its location and communicate its unique appeal.
Our expertise in Estate Agency and Lettings enables us to deliver a quality of service that is highly tailored to our clients’ specific needs. And while we remain focused on the bigger picture, we also pa
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference BAT160137. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Batcheller Monkhouse, Battle. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.