Great Ostry, Shepton Mallet
- End of terrace house
- Tucked away in the town centre, close to the local amenities
- Three bedrooms
- Master bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Family bathroom
- Generous sitting/dining room
- Walled courtyard garden enjoying plenty of sunshine
- Annual permit parking available to purchase via MDC for adjoining car park
- No onward chain
Double wooden gates accessed via Great Ostry car park open into a walled courtyard which is laid to artificial grass and faces west, enjoying plenty of daytime and evening sunshine. A door from the courtyard then leads into the property and directly into the sitting/dining room. A generous dual-aspect reception room, the sitting room then has two openings, one into the kitchen and another with staircase up to the first floor accommodation. Fitted with a range of matching wooden front floor and wall units, the kitchen includes an integrated electric oven and hob and offers space for freestanding white goods. The boiler for the gas-fired central heating is also located in the kitchen.
On the first floor there is a central landing with doors to all rooms. The Master bedroom is a particularly well-proportioned room with excellent head height and incorporates windows to each side, including a decorative stained glass window. Adjoining, there is an en-suite shower room with low level WC and wash hand basin. Across the landing, there are two further bedrooms and a family bathroom with a white suite.
N.B There is a flying freehold
LOCATION The historic market town of Shepton Mallet is located in the Mendip district of Somerset, five miles east of Wells, England's smallest city. Both the City of Bristol and the picturesque City of Bath, a World Heritage Site, are located just 18 miles away and easily accessible. Shepton Mallet itself offers a range of local amenities and shopping facilities including a large supermarket, leisure centre, lido with fitness centre, a choice of pubs and restaurants, dentists and doctors, a Grade I Listed church and both primary and secondary state schools. There are also many highly-regarded independent schools (Prep & Senior) within easy reach, such as All Hallows Prep School, Downside School, Wells Cathedral School and Millfield School. For those travelling by train, Castle Cary station (which has direct services to London Paddington) is situated only six miles away.
DIRECTIONS From our office on High Street, proceed along Commercial Road to the roundabout and turn right (3rd exit) onto Rectory Road. Take the first turning on the right into Great Ostry Car Park, bear around to the left and the property can be found almost straight ahead, with double wooden gates opening from the car park itself.
Great Ostry, Shepton Mallet
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Castle Cary Station6.4 miles
About the agent
For over 100 years Cooper and Tanner have been well recognised in the West Country as the landed property professionals and auctioneers. We operate eleven offices in Somerset and Wiltshire, providing professional estate agency and surveying services to the residential, agricultural and commercial property sectors. We sell property by private treaty and by auction, we also run successful sale rooms where we specialise in antiques and vintage items. Our outside sales deal with tools, equipment
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 101148031105. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cooper & Tanner, Shepton Mallet. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.