Upper Littleton, Chew Magna, Bristol, Somerset BS40
- Exquisite Somerset farmhouse of circa 4350 sq. ft
- Extensive barns, stables and outbuildings of circa 5450 sq. ft
- Fabulous gardens, grounds and paddocks of circa 3 acres
- Additional circa 3 acres of paddock available by separate negotiation
- Aga kitchen and well-appointed garden room
- Elegant drawing room, dining room and hallway
- Five bedrooms and three bath / shower rooms
- Boot room and large utility room
- Landscaped private garden with a swimming lake and further paddocks
- Extensive vehicle parking and a separate orchard
The house enjoys an easy and relaxed layout, much loved by the current family and improved over their years of ownership.
Without a doubt, the heart of the house is the AGA kitchen, providing plenty of space for all the trappings of country life; dogs and pets of all sizes, a large breakfast table, double Belfast sink, flag stone floors and a door leading out to the garden.
Original flagstones form a part of much of the ground floor, spreading from the hallway and into the dining room and drawing room. The drawing room itself is a stunning room with an oversize carved-stone fireplace and open hearth below; a perfect Christmas celebration space.
The dining room too enjoys an elaborate fireplace; with both rooms enjoying pretty shuttered stone mullioned windows.
Accessed from the hallway is a versatile reception space currently arranged as a home office, with a secondary staircase leading up to the first floor. This could make the perfect space for a dependent relative, as it has access to a doble bedroom and shower room above.
Adjacent to the kitchen is a charming modern garden room, with stripped wooden floors and catching much of the day's sun. A door leads out to a pretty courtyard garden, and a gate leads out from the courtyard across the lane to a private orchard beyond.
Also on the ground floor is a useful utility room, and a fitted shower room complete with a w.c and wash basin.
Upstairs, over the first floor are five bedrooms. The master bedroom is exquisite, with a triple aspect and views over the gardens, paddocks and across the internal courtyard. The bedrooms are served by a well-appointed family bathroom, along with the aforementioned two separate shower rooms.
Hazel Farm enjoys a number of outbuildings, with the current owners converting many of them to stabling taking full advantage of the private paddocks and excellent riding opportunities nearby.
The main barn (57' x 30') has been converted to provide a number of American style loose boxes with space for a tack room and hay storage. In addition there are four further stables within a self-contained block and four further barns.
NB. There is a generous circa 770 sq. ft of additional barn floor space which has not been measured, giving some circa 5450 sq. ft of floor space within the outbuildings.
Subject to consent, these could be considered for conversion to home office suites, short term accommodation or further self-contained accommodation.
The whole is set around an attractive internal courtyard with plenty of space for a number of cars, horse boxes / lorries and other agricultural machinery.
Gardens and Grounds:
The gardens of Hazel Farm are exquisite, with a beautifully landscaped family garden taking in an expanse of lawn, mature borders, watercress bed, vegetable garden and a bucolic "swimming lake" providing the perfect space for family picnics and BBQ's lasting long into the evening.
There is a direct access to nature with an abundance of bird, animal and insect life and the chance to watch the seasons change from Spring through to Winter.
Adjacent to the garden are two circa 2.5 acre paddocks with post and rail fencing providing space for several horses to graze, or space for children of all ages to enjoy.
Opposite the house is a charming orchard, with plenty of fruit trees and further space for the family to wander, take a picnic or just sit and relax on a bench under the trees.
A further circa 3 acres of paddock are available by separate negotiation.
Upper Littleton, Chew Magna, Bristol, Somerset BS40
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Parson Street Station4.1 miles
- Bedminster Station4.8 miles
- Nailsea & Backwell Station5.5 miles
About the agent
At Rupert Oliver Property Agents we provide a balance of trusted professional advice based on more than 20 years property sales experience, together with fresh thinking that adds value to the whole process. With intimate 'on the ground' knowledge of our area and a welcoming office located at its heart, we charge a fixed commission of £5,000 +VAT paid only upon successful Completion.
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 1253NEW. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Rupert Oliver Property Agents, Clifton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.