Glinton Road, Helpston, Peterborough
- Grade II Listed former farmhouse
- Set at the heart of Helpston village within mature grounds
- Wealth of original character features throughout
- Four bedrooms - Two en-suites - Dressing room to the master
- Downstairs cloakrooms - Utility room
- Four reception rooms - Beautiful orangery
- Spacious driveway - Car port - Storage/outbuilding
- Established front gardens - South-facing rear gardens & courtyard
College Farmhouse is a beautiful example of a Grade II Listed former farmhouse, nestled within established grounds in the heart of the desirable village of Helpston. The property has been updated and improved to a high standard throughout by the current owners.
College Farmhouse is a beautiful example of a Grade II Listed former farmhouse, nestled within established grounds in the heart of the desirable village of Helpston. The property has been updated and improved to a high standard throughout by the current owners, tastefully combining original character features with modern touches to create a stunning, spacious family home.
The property offers flexible living space arranged over two storeys, comprising a reception hallway, four reception rooms, a beautiful orangery, a kitchen breakfast room, a utility, boot room and a cloakroom. On the first floor there is a large five piece family bathroom, a separate WC and four good sized bedrooms, two with access to en-suite facilities. The master also has access to a fantastic dressing room.
The property is accessed to the front aspect and entered into a spacious hall, with exposed beams, limestone flooring, access to a boot room and stairs to the first floor.
The entrance hall is open-plan to the inner hallway which provides access to a good sized WC, a lobby and utility room.
To the right of the hallway is a formal sitting room, with windows to the front aspect, exposed beams and a wood burning stove with brick surround and mantel. A family room sits centrally within the property and is accessed via the inner hallway and also from the orangery.
The room features exposed beams and an inglenook fireplace with bressemer beam.
From the family room and located at the front of the property is an elegant orangery with a vaulted roof, spotlighting, tiled flooring and double doors leading out to a small patio area. The orangery is designed in an L-shape and is a wonderful addition to the property, enjoying views over the front gardens.
The family room also gives access to a good sized study, with exposed beams to ceiling, providing an ideal space for a home office or additional sitting room. There is an external door giving access to the garden.
At the rear of the property is a beautiful and spacious dining room, with limestone flooring, exposed beams to ceiling and a feature stone inglenook fireplace with wood burning stove and bressemer beam. There are double doors leading out to the gardens and access through to the kitchen at the rear.
The kitchen is a bright and spacious room, featuring exposed stone, brick work and beams and has been re-fitted to a high specification with a bespoke range of contemporary base and wall units with granite work surfaces over, a matching breakfast bar, additional storage, a butler sink, built-in range cooker and microwave, wine cooler, spotlighting and tiled flooring throughout. There is a stable door giving access to patio and gardens.
On the first floor, a galleried landing gives access to a large master suite at the rear of the property, with a feature panelled wall, spotlighting and a spacious contemporary four-piece en-suite including a free standing roll top bath, tiled flooring and double sink vanity unit with marble surfaces. There is also a large dressing room servicing the master suite.
There are three further double bedrooms with the guest bedroom having an en-suite shower room. There is a large family bathroom fitted with a five piece suite, accessed from the inner landing.
The property is set at the heart of Helpston village within established grounds behind stone wall enclosures and approached by a large sweeping circular driveway, providing ample parking, with mature lawns sitting centrally, featuring a beautiful mature Magnolia tree, shrubs and herbaceous plants.
The driveway is bordered by mature trees and plants, raised flower beds and mature hedging. From the driveway there is access to a brick and wooden car port and store.
To the rear, the property is set around a large paved south-facing courtyard, with a feature well and provides space for seating and alfresco dining, enclosed by high-level stone walling. There is access to a stone built outbuilding, currently being used as storage.
An archway leads through into the gardens which are beautifully landscaped and well established, featuring an array of mature shrubs, trees and borders, all enclosed by stone walling and manicured high level hedging.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER SHARMAN QUINNEY NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Glinton Road, Helpston, Peterborough
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Peterborough Station5.6 miles
About the agent
From chocolate box cottage to country estate our forward thinking marketing is second to none.
At Hurfords we are very proud of our personal and traditional approach to estate agency. Our forward-thinking marketing and extensive local and national advertising, including a central London office, is no doubt the best way to find the right buyer for your home.
Our top-end marketing service includes bespoke designed glossy brochures, showing professional photography and floorplans at
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference HUC102659. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Hurfords, Hurfords,Castor. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.