Cheneys Road, Leytonstone
- Victorian Terraced House
- Three Bedrooms
- Upstairs Bathroom
- Close to Wanstead Flats
- Development Potential STP
Not only that, the popular local social hub of Winchelsea Road is half a mile on foot, for an increasing range of independent establishments from Pretty Decent Beer to the mouth-watering offerings of Arch Rivals restaurant. You'll find the newly refurbished The Rookwood Village gastropub on the way, stop in to sample their gourmet burgers and stonebaked pizzas.
IF YOU LIVED HERE…
You'll be welcoming friends and family into your sizeable 270 square foot open plan lounge/diner; with a bay window to the fore and garden views to the rear its dual aspect makes for quite the hosting space. It's a brilliant blank canvas for you to bring to life with your own designer flourishes. Continue through and the kitchen's decked out in gleaming ebony metro tiles and a smart white suite of cabinets while your adjoining conservatory comes in at 100 square feet and provides a year-round cosy solace.
Through the doors here and your garden's a wonderfully low-maintenance stretch of patio flanked by high fences for privacy and ending in a handy shed. Back inside and head up the stairs for your master bedroom – it's a large 140 square foot double with twin windows framing leafy street views and abounding in potential. Next door and bedroom two's a double of ninety five square feet, while bedroom three's a sixty five square foot single with lovely leafy views; perfect for a child or home working space. Lastly, the bathroom's home to a traditional white suite.
Outside you have Wanstead Flats a mere nine minute stroll around the corner. Some of the most expansive natural space for miles around, it's perfect for walks, weekend picnics and reaching fitness goals, with the crystal clear blue waters of Jubilee Pond lying just beyond. You're perfectly placed for transport too – Leytonstone High Road overground station is just thirteen minutes on foot for the Gospel Oak to Barking line, with Blackhorse Road tube just a seven minute ride away for the Victoria line. Alternatively, Leytonstone station is twenty minutes' walk and will get you directly to The City and West End via the Central line.
- You've plenty of potential for further development, with the loft space so far unconverted you could add an entire new storey with a Dormer extension, as some of your neighbours have done (subject to the usual permissions).
- Current and prospective parents will be pleased to know you have twenty primary/secondary schools in a one mile radius alone, all rated 'Good' or better by Ofsted, five of which have been deemed 'Outstanding'.
- If you're after some retail therapy then hop onto the 257 bus route four minutes away on Leytonstone High Road to be whisked to the shopping mecca of Westfield Stratford City.
Side Return - 8m x 1.5m (26'2" x 4'11") -
Dining Room/Lounge - 3.40m x 7.35m (11'1" x 24'1") -
Kitchen - 2.69m x 4.22m (8'9" x 13'10") -
Conservatory - 2.80m x 3.38m (9'2" x 11'1") -
Garden - 6.95m x 4.4m (22'9" x 14'5") -
Bedroom - 4.25m x 3.28m (13'11" x 10'9") -
Bedroom - 2.65m x 3.35m (8'8" x 10'11") -
Bathroom - 1.34m x 2.71m (4'4" x 8'10") -
Bedroom - 2.71m x 3.45m (8'10" x 11'3") -
"Leytonstone is a unique, eclectic area, with great gastro pubs like Leytonstone Tavern and The Red Lion to bistro cafés like The Wild Goose Bakery and Gray, along with the open green space of Wanstead Flats, a serene getaway from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
The area is full of history, with interesting, beautiful Grade II listed buildings like St John’s Baptist Church (built in 1832) and Leytonstone House, the 18th-century home of Sir Edward Buxton, notable MP and conservationist. There’s also St Andrew’s Church, built in 1886–1893 as a memorial to local philanthropist William Cotton.
Leytonstone Library is a great place to visit if you’re feeling studious and Leytonstone Leisure centre is close by for the more actively minded. Wanstead Park, in the former grounds of Wanstead House, takes in walking trails, cycle paths and several ornamental lakes — a great place to relax, exercise and soak up some local history.
With an array of buses and the Central line underground station close by, you can be in the City and surrounding areas within minutes."
E11 BRANCH MANAGER
BrochuresCheneys Road, LeytonstoneBrochure
Cheneys Road, Leytonstone
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Leytonstone High Road Station0.5 miles
- Leyton Station0.7 miles
- Maryland Station0.8 miles
About the agent
In 2014, Andrew and Kenny Goad launched The Stow Brothers, an estate agency with a fresh, straightforward approach to the property market. The brothers' vision captured the zeitgeist - from a single shop in Walthamstow, they have now expanded to a team of 50 local specialists, alongside branches in Wanstead, Highams Park and South Woodford
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 30571734. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by The Stow Brothers, Wanstead. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* This is the average speed from the provider with the fastest broadband package available on comparethemarket.com at this postcode. The average speed displayed is based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm). Fibre/cable services at the postcode are subject to availability and may differ between properties within a postcode. Speeds can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed at the property may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed and confirm availability to a property prior to purchasing on the broadband provider's website. Providers may increase charges. The information is provided and maintained by Stickee Technology Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.