Romilly Road, Canton, Cardiff
- LARGE FIVE BEDROOM THREE STOREY BAY FRONTED MID TERRACE HOUSE OF CHARACTER, THREE RECEPTION ROOMS, GAS HEATING, PVC DOUBLE GLAZING, MANY PERIOD FEATURES.
- MODERN ROOF, WALLED GARDENS, VERSATILE LIVING SPACE, GREAT LOCATION CLOSE TO BOTH PONTCANNA AND CANTON.
A large five bedroom gable fronted three stroey period home, occupying a sought after location equidistant to both Pontcanna, Canton and Victoria Park. Gas heating, PVC double glazing, many period features, three reception rooms, walled gardens, see inside!
A very spacious gable fronted three storey mid terrace five bedroom period home, built circa 1900, the front inset with a charming two storey wide splayed bay, all beneath a pitched slate roof covering. This elegant house of character occupies a superb position within a short walk from the thriving and highly popular centres of sought after Canton, Victoria Park and Pontcanna. This impressive property provides well designed and bright versatile living space on three floors, adaptable to buyer’s needs, and comprising an entrance porch, an imposing entrance hall of character including mosaic tiled floors, high cornice ceilings and an original spindle balustrade staircase. There are also three separate reception rooms and a kitchen on the ground floor, whilst the first floor comprises three bedrooms and a bathroom, and the second floor comprises two double sized bedrooms. The property benefits gas heating with panel radiators, PVC double glazed windows, and a new roof circa 1990. Other features include two period fireplaces, original traditional style panel doors and a walled rear garden. The property would prove ideal for a growing family with its five sizeable bedrooms, or alternatively provide a good investment opportunity. See Inside!
Within walking distance are Sophia Gardens Cardiff with its cricket stadium, located in Sophia Gardens on the River Taff. It is home to Glamorgan County Cricket Club and is listed as an international Test cricket venue. Llandaff Fields is a large parkland spanning parts of central and northern Cardiff, Wales. The park is owned by Cardiff Council and managed by its Parks department.
The parkland is highly visible and accessed from local communities. The parkland is lined with avenues of trees and large grassed areas. The park is also used for sporting events. Pontcanna is an area of wide tree-lined streets and large houses. It is a relatively wealthy area with numerous cafes and independent retailers centred on Pontcanna Street and Cathedral Road.
There is both a large English-born population (roughly 25%) and a smaller Welsh-speaking population (roughly 20%). The area was formerly home to the television studios of TWW, Teledu Cymru, HTV and S4C's headquarters; the BBC's Broadcasting House is still nearby in Llandaff.
Approached via a PVC double glazed front entrance door leading to a front porch with original mosaic tiled floor and original hand painted tiled walls.
Elegant hallway of character approached via an original part panelled front entrance door inset with a large arched upper light window leading to a charming hall with original mosaic tiled flooring, spindle balustrade staircase and access to a useful cellar, radiator, high cornice ceiling.
Front Lounge 13' 10" into a bay narrowing to 13' 4" x 11' 6" ( 4.22m into a bay narrowing to 4.06m x 3.51m )
Wide splayed bay with white PVC double glazed replacement windows with outlooks across the forecourted front gardens and on to Romilly Road. This front reception room is approached from the hall via an original traditional panel door with brass handles, period features include a high cornice ceiling with both picture rail and ceiling panelling. Two alcoves, radiator, open tiled fireplace and hearth, original panel double doors opening to....
Dining Room 12' x 9' 3" ( 3.66m x 2.82m )
Two alcoves, high cornice ceiling, picture rail, radiator, original traditional panel door leading in to the main entrance hall. Approached from the dining room is a small lean-to conservatory with perspex roof and timber door opening on to the rear gardens.
Breakfast Room 13' 7" x 9' 8" ( 4.14m x 2.95m )
A third separate reception room inset with a period fireplace in marble with cast iron grate surround, PVC double glazed window to side, high ceiling, double radiator.
Kitchen 9' 8" x 10' 8" ( 2.95m x 3.25m )
Fitted with white floor and eye level units with oak patterned laminate work surfaces and oak handles, walls partly ceramic tiled, electric cooker point, space with plumbing for an automatic washing machine, stainless steel sink with chrome mixer taps, vegetable cleaner and drainer, PVC double glazed window to side, PVC double glazed outer door opening in to a walled flagstone paved rear garden. Access to a further walk-in larder 4 Ft deep with perspex roof and double glazed window together with multiple shelving.
Approached via an original carpeted spindle balustrade single flight staircase leading to a spindle balustrade main landing and half landing, high ceiling.
Master Bedroom One 13' 8" into a bay narrowing to 11' 3" x 15' 8" ( 4.17m into a bay narrowing to 3.43m x 4.78m )
A generous master bedroom running the width of the property, inset with a pretty bay window with white PVC double glazed units with outlooks on to Romilly Road, further PVC double glazed window to front with tilt and turn fittings, imposing period fireplace in marble with cast iron grate and tiled surround, high cornice ceiling, large radiator, original traditional panel door with brass handle to main landing.
Bedroom Two 10' 9" x 9' 3" plus a recess ( 3.28m x 2.82m plus a recess )
PVC double glazed window to rear, high ceiling, radiator, original traditional panel door with original handle to landing.
Bedroom Three 12' 4" x 9' 7" ( 3.76m x 2.92m )
A further double size room, approached via a traditional panel door with brass handle from the main landing, radiator, PVC double glazed window with a rear garden outlook, built out airing cupboard housing a factory insulated copper hot water cylinder with electric immersion heater installed.
Independently approached from the landing, a small bathroom with original tiled walls and cast iron bath, pedestal wash hand basin, W.C. with overhead cistern, Triton shower unit, rail over, PVC double glazed patterned glass window to side. Electric wall heater.
Approached via an original spindle balustrade single flight staircase leading to a half landing and second floor main landing, with access to a rear roof space, skylight window.
Bedroom Four 14' 8" x 11' 5" ( 4.47m x 3.48m )
PVC double glazed window to front, two alcoves, radiator.
Bedroom Five 10' 7" x 8' 7" plus two alcoves ( 3.23m x 2.62m plus two alcoves )
PVC double glazed window to rear, vaulted ceiling.
Neat forecourted front garden enclosed to the front by mature hedgerow providing a screen of privacy from the pavement line and inset with an original tiled entrance path with flagstone front and decorative railings and low brick built boundary front walls.
Walled and flagstone paved rear garden.
1. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce identification documentation at a later stage and we would ask for your co-operation in order that there will be no delay in agreeing the sale.
2. General: While we endeavour to make our sales particulars fair, accurate and reliable, they are only a general guide to the property and, accordingly, if there is any point which is of particular importance to you, please contact the office and we will be pleased to check the position for you, especially if you are contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.
3. The measurements indicated are supplied for guidance only and as such must be considered incorrect.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property, accordingly we strongly advise prospective buyers to commission their own survey or service reports before finalising their offer to purchase.
5. THESE PARTICULARS ARE ISSUED IN GOOD FAITH BUT DO NOT CONSTITUTE REPRESENTATIONS OF FACT OR FORM PART OF ANY OFFER OR CONTRACT. THE MATTERS REFERRED TO IN THESE PARTICULARS SHOULD BE INDEPENDENTLY VERIFIED BY PROSPECTIVE BUYERS OR TENANTS. NEITHER PETER ALAN NOR ANY OF ITS EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS HAS ANY AUTHORITY TO MAKE OR GIVE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY WHATEVER IN RELATION TO THIS PROPERTY.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC
Romilly Road, Canton, Cardiff
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Ninian Park Station0.8 miles
- Waun-gron Park Station0.8 miles
- Fairwater Station1.1 miles
About the agent
We’re passionate about property and the customers that we work for which is why after over 50 years in business we are proud to be a company that still provides service with a personal touch. All of our friendly staff are local experts, specialists at selling properties in your area.
As one of the largest estate agents in Wales we have extensive local coverage, with 29 branches and an average of 111 thousand visits to our website each month, we can get your property seen by a huge numb
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CAN303038. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Peter Alan, Canton. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.