Walnut Tree Lane, Loose, Maidstone, Kent, ME15
- Modern and stylish family home
- Redeveloped and extended over the past 8 years
- Hard-wired internet with effective mesh delivery
- Porcelanosa bathroom fittings in master en suite
- Dog-friendly area with hot and cold washing tap
- Very generously proportioned 4 bay garage with light and power
- Stunning views across the Loose Valley
- EPC Rating = C
The story usually goes that parties either start or end up in the kitchen. At Little Dean House this is definitely going to be the case with a beautiful kitchen that has created a real "wow" space. It is a light room and fitted to an excellent finish along with Miele appliances.
The current owners of this house have improved and heavily extended creating a free flowing home and introducing amazing levels of natural light to nearly all rooms. The situation is described beautifully by the architect as 'the character of the surroundings appears rural yet the northern character is residential'. Put another way, the house is on the edge of a residential area, accessed in a very discreet way, and provides beautiful southerly views over the protected Loose Valley. It's an uncommonly good combination.
Little Dean is approached down a single-lane track from Walnut Tree Lane and via electric gates into a generous parking area. Behind a hedge and beyond this is a second parking area and access to the four bay garage.
A well fenced vegetable garden is beautifully kept and features raised beds, two fruit cages and a large shed. In the main garden are a variety of fruit trees, an expanse of lawn and two decked areas on the edge of the valley from which to sit, stop and absorb the views. Linking the house to the garden is an area of paved terrace also ideal for al fresco dining and entertaining.
Comprehensive shopping can be found in Maidstone, Ashford and at Bluewater. Loose itself has a primary school with 'Outstanding' Ofsted report and a lovely pub - The Chequers - with the Loose stream running past. Ideal for cooling hot feet and dogs in the summer.
Mainline rail services: Staplehurst or Maidstone East stations have fast and frequent services into London Charing Cross and Victoria respectively. Trains runs from Ashford to London St Pancras in about 37 minutes whilst Eurostar trains are available from Ashford International.
Education: There is an excellent range of educational opportunities within the area in both the private and state sector, at all levels.
Motorway links: The M25 via the M20/M26 can be accessed at J5 and the M20 (6 miles) via J8 both providing links to Gatwick and Heathrow airports and other motorway networks.
Square Footage: 4,512 sq ft
Acreage: 1.1 Acres
From the centre of Cranbrook proceed north to the Wilsley Pound roundabout. Continue along the A229 through Staplehurst and up Linton Hill (about 9.6 miles). After the traffic lights continue along Linton Road which merges into Loose Road for about 1.1 miles and turn right into Walnut Tree Lane. Follow the lane for 170 yards and turn right into the track and Little Dean is found at the end on the left.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC Rating Graph
Walnut Tree Lane, Loose, Maidstone, Kent, ME15
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- East Farleigh Station1.9 miles
- Maidstone West Station2.0 miles
- Maidstone Barracks Station2.5 miles
About the agent
With over 160 years of experience, over 600 offices globally - including 130 in the UK, and thousands of potential buyers and tenants on our database, we'll make sure your property gets in front of the right people. And once you’ve sold your property, we’re here to help you move on to the next stage of your journey.
Whether buying or renting a house, flat, country estate or waterside property, our experts make it their busin
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference CKS210045. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Savills, Cranbrook. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.