Stone Mill Court, Meanwood, Leeds, West Yorkshire.
- BEST & FINAL OFFERS 15:00 WEDNESDAY 11TH MAY 2021.
- First Viewings 14:00 Saturday 8th May 2021, strictly by appointment
- A stunning, spacious and stylish top floor two bedroom apartment.
- The apartment is located in this popular and sought after development and benefits from parking.
- Decorated and finished to a beautiful standard with ample living space and its own loft.
- Walking distance to Waitrose, Meanwood Park & Headingley.
Cornerstone Estate Agents are delighted to offer for sale this stunning and stylish top floor two bedroom apartment.
The property is located in the popular and charming Stone Mill Court development. Stone Mill Court is a mid 19th century Grade 2 listed mill complex.
The property's history is fascinating. Stone Mill Court stands on the site of a medieval water corn mill used by
monks from Kirkstall Abbey in the early 13th century. Milling continued until 1785, when Thomas Martin used the mill for paper making and it became known as Wood Mills. In 1852 the mill burnt down and the present mill was built as a tannery for Samuel Smith. It became a fellmongers in 1914 and closed in 1994, when it was converted into residential apartments.
The Stone Mill Court development also known locally as the Tannery Park or Old Tannery development boasts ample character and charm. The development is only a stone's throw from Meanwood Park, The Meanwood Valley Trail and the centre of Meanwood making it an extremely popular place to reside.
Meanwood's centre offers an abundance in choice of amenities including the highly regarded Waitrose Home and Food hall, cafes, vibrant bars and restaurants which are all within walking distance and the Northside Retail Park which includes an Aldi.
The apartment benefits from being a short distance from Headingley while also being around three miles from the city centre.
Local schools are excellent and the leisure facilities are superb with Meanwood Park and The Hollies only a short walk from the property. A number of gyms including a David Lloyd leisure centre are on the property's door step.
The apartment benefits from being on the second floor (top floor) boasting a lovely view out over the development. The apartment comprises a commanding hallway with loft access above via a pull down ladder. The hallway leads to the open plan sitting room & dining room, principal bedroom, bedroom two/study, bathroom and a storage/cloak cupboard. The open plan sitting room & dining room gives access to the kitchen. The apartment has extremely high ceilings and large windows which add character and allow natural light to pour in.
The development benefits from ample parking and ample visitor parking.
To conclude, a wonderful property that is finished and presented to a high standard while being located perfectly, in the heart of Meanwood.
This property will be popular given its size, finish, location and price
COMMUNAL HALLWAY & STAIRWELL Entering the Tannery Park development, you step through a glass panelled door which leads into the communal hallway and stairwell. The communal area and its stairwell boast a glass frontage which allows ample light in and boasts a lovely view out over the development. Visitors can telephone the apartment via an intercom which has automatic door release. The communal hallway also offers bike storage.
HALLWAY The apartment's hallway is finished neutrally in popular tones with a dado rail and coving to the ceiling. A lovely wood effect floor exists. The hallway boasts a high celling and has access to the loft space via a pull down ladder. The telephone intercom for the communal front door is located here. The hallway leads into the open plan sitting room & dining room, principal bedroom, bedroom two/study and the stunning bathroom. A practical & handy storage cupboard is also accessed from the hallway.
OPEN PLAN SITTING ROOM & DINING ROOM A spacious open plan sitting room & dining room which has a high ceiling and a large window which allows ample light in and offers a great view out over the development from its bespoke window seat. This space is decorated neutrally with modern tones. A lovely wood effect floor, dado rail and coving to the ceiling exist. The open plan sitting room & dining room leads into the kitchen.
KITCHEN The kitchen benefits ample lower level and upper level cupboards with a contrasting worktop with tiled splash backs. A large window allows ample light in and offers a great view out over the development. The kitchen utilities comprise an oven, four ring gas hob with an extractor above and a one and a half sink with drainer. Space for a washing machine and a large free-standing fridge-freezer exist. A free standing worktop dish washer will be included in the sale. Again, a high ceiling is present and the property's boiler is located in the kitchen.
PRINCIPAL BEDROOM A commanding and stunning principal bedroom that is neutrally decorated with a high ceiling and coving. A large window allows ample light to pour in with a lovely view out over the development. The principal bedroom benefits from freestanding wardrobes with sliding doors.
BEDROOM TWO/STUDY A neutrally decorated bedroom/study that has a large window and a high ceiling.
BATHROOM A stunning bathroom that boasts a stunning tiled floor and partially tiled walls. The bathroom comprises a large shower enclosure with a rain dance shower head and a second flexible shower hose, wash basin above a vanity cupboard, low level W.C. and a chrome towel radiator.
THE GROUNDS The grounds of the development are extremely well presented and surrounded by ample green spaces with tree lined roads and mature but well tendered borders. An open air visitor centre details the history of the development from its days as a working tannery through to its inception as a residential complex. There are also details of the walks nearby, particularly the Meanwood Valley Trail. The Meanwood Valley Trail is accessed within moments from the apartment with direct access to Meanwood Park. The Meanwood beck runs through the grounds of Stone Mill Court making this a highly desirable and a tranquil place to reside. Ample parking is found at Stone Mill Court.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION Tenure - Leasehold - 125 years from 31 March 1998.
Service Charge, Ground Rent & Buildings Insurance £135.00 per calendar month.
Pets are not allowed.
We have been informed the boiler was installed 12th October 2018 with a 10 year warranty.
Please have the above verified by your solicitor.
1. Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017 - Purchasers and Tenants will be asked to produce identification documentation.
2. We endeavour to make our particulars accurate and reliable. However, they are only a general guide to the property and if there is any aspect of our particulars which is of importance to you, please contact the office and we will be happy to check were we reasonably can.
3. Measurements: These approximate room sizes are only intended as general guidance.
4. Services: Please note we have not tested the services or any of the equipment or appliances in this property.
5. These particulars are issued in good faith but do not constitute representations of fact or form part of any offer or contract, the matters referred to in these particulars should be independently verified by prospective buyers or tenants. Neither Yorkshire's Finest Leeds Limited T/A Cornerstone Estate Agents nor any of its employees or agents has any authority to make or give any representation or warranty about this property.
Energy Performance CertificatesEPC 1
Stone Mill Court, Meanwood, Leeds, West Yorkshire.
NEAREST STATIONSDistances are straight line measurements from the centre of the postcode
- Burley Park Station1.2 miles
- Headingley Station1.2 miles
- Kirkstall Forge Station2.1 miles
About the agent
As you enter an exciting new chapter in your life, the friendly and professional team at Cornerstone Estate Agents are with you every step of the way. Our role is to carefully unite seller with buyer and do all we can to cement that relationship and keep the chain together until completion.
We also offer a range of other outstanding services for landlords and tenants.
Telephone or e mail our friendly team, or alternatively pop into our North Leeds Showroom for more information on
Stamp Duty calculator
Staying secure when looking for property
Ensure you're up to date with our latest advice on how to avoid fraud or scams when looking for property online.Visit our security centre to find out more
Disclaimer - Property reference 103368001022. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. Rightmove.co.uk makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and Rightmove has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Cornerstone Estate Agents, Leeds. Please contact the selling agent or developer directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
* Average speeds are based on the download speeds of at least 50% of customers at peak time (8pm to 10pm) from packages available on comparethemarket.com. Speed can be affected by a range of technical and environmental factors. The speed you receive where you live may be lower than that listed above. You can check the estimated speed to your property prior to purchasing. Fibre/cable services at your postcode are subject to availability. You can confirm availability on the provider's website. Providers may increase charges. You should have the right to exit your contract without penalty if this happens. The information is provided and maintained by Decision Technologies Limited.
Map data ©OpenStreetMap contributors.